Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Qantas | Frequent Flyer
Reload this Page >

QF charges 100NZD change fee on Y>J on same flight?

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Apr 18, 2019, 2:19 pm
Original Poster

Programs: NZ Koru

Is it normal for QF to be charging an 100NZD change fee when paying the difference to change from Y to J on the same flight? first time I've tried it on the QF(APP), but on other airlines its normally just the fare difference if staying on the same flight.
Old Apr 18, 2019, 2:20 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Originally Posted by cavemanzk
Is it normal for QF to be charging an 100NZD change fee when paying the difference to change from Y to J on the same flight? first time I've tried it on the QF(APP), but on other airlines its normally just the fare difference if staying on the same flight.
If there is a change fee applicable, then yes, it is normal to be charged the change fee
nancypants likes this.
Old Apr 18, 2019, 2:39 pm
Original Poster

Programs: NZ Koru
Originally Posted by Dave Noble
If there is a change fee applicable, then yes, it is normal to be charged the change fee
Thanks was just checking - as some airlines do waive it if you stay on the same flight when moving from Y to J.
Old Apr 19, 2019, 6:44 pm

Programs: QF Emerald. SQ Gold.
policy yes... but in my mind you could possibly ask for exemption if you are upselling to a really full fare J which nobody in theit right minds would buy.... but i supppse thats not what you are doing.
nancypants likes this.
Old Apr 19, 2019, 8:01 pm

Originally Posted by fakecd
policy yes... but in my mind you could possibly ask for exemption if you are upselling to a really full fare J which nobody in theit right minds would buy.... but i supppse thats not what you are doing.
I would suspect that this would be as successful as asking for a free upgrade

not many airlines I know of have a policy to waive fees, but have seen a fair number of fares that have a rule that gives an exception to change fee for upgrade to a higher cabin; if the fare gas that condition, then would expect there to be no change fee
Old Apr 19, 2019, 8:50 pm

Programs: NZ Elite, QF Platinum (LTS), VA Platinum
Originally Posted by cavemanzk
It's free if you do it same day although I have done this the next day early morning once and not been charged. But yeah, otherwise expect a fee with Qantas. That was via phone call.
Old Apr 19, 2019, 11:08 pm

Originally Posted by NZbutterfly
It's free if you do it same day although I have done this the next day early morning once and not been charged. But yeah, otherwise expect a fee with Qantas. That was via phone call.
Same day wil come under the policy that Qantas has to fix mistakes ( https://www.qantas.com/au/en/manage-...o-mistake.html ) - wromg cabin is a situation that is allowed to be fixed free of charge

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.