A380 back on SYD-HKG 4 Dec - 28 Mar

Old Apr 23, 2019, 6:18 pm
Original Poster

Programs: UA Premier Gold (*G), IHG Platinum & Hyatt Discoverist
A380 back on SYD-HKG 4 Dec - 28 Mar

Per AusBT:

Qantas is once again scheduling its flagship Airbus A380 between Sydney and Hong Kong over the 2019-2020 summer season, with first class suites also up for sale – making Qantas the only airline offering first class on this busy route.

The 'summer superjumbo' has become something of a tradition for Qantas, with the double-decker jet well suited to handling the extra bookings buoyed by holidays as well as Chinese New Year, which in 2020 falls on January 25.

Qantas’ online schedule shows the A380 will replace the Boeing 787 on the daily QF127/QF128 service, beginning with QF127 on Wednesday December 4 2019 and winding up with QF128 on Saturday March 28.
I'm booked on QF128 in October and December so will get to experience both the 787 and A380. Here's hoping they deploy the refurbished A380 on the route, but you'd think London takes precedence.
Old Apr 24, 2019, 12:35 am

Programs: QF Gold LTG (ow Saph), HHon Silver, Marriot Gold
I think they'll just continue to use whatever aircraft.
They didnt manage to restrict EBG/EBL to the PEK routes as initially promised.
Old Apr 24, 2019, 6:00 pm
THR

Looks like they haven’t opened reward availability this time. We managed to get return F over Christmas last year.

We are booked on paid business Cathay and would consider cancelling and flying QF F if there was availability.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.