Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Qantas | Frequent Flyer
Reload this Page >

Can't add Alaska number to Qantas booking

Old Apr 8, 2019, 5:11 am
Original Poster

We are flying PHL>DFW>SYD later this week (AA PHL>DFW, QF DAL>SYD). Based on fare class, my best bet is to credit the miles to Alaska. However, when I manage my booking on the Qantas website in an attempt to add my Alaska number, I get a generic error "An error occurred during creation of your booking. Please contact your Travel Assistance Desk to check if the booking was successful and to obtain further assistance. (9015 - 8111)".

I've called Qantas multiple times. They get the same error. I called Orbitz (whom we booked through) and they can't add the number. My only recourse at this point is the ol' save your boarding passes and submit after the flights trick.

Has anyone else experienced this? Any Idea on a work around? Thanks
Old Apr 8, 2019, 5:13 am

Programs: British Airways Gold
Enter it at check in
nancypants likes this.
Old Apr 8, 2019, 5:34 am
Original Poster

Yeah, that's the plan, but I'm not expecting it to work. I'm just ticked that we missed the double miles promo by 3 weeks....
Old Apr 8, 2019, 1:20 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Try Finnair manage my booking. May or may not work for AS. RJ is another possible option
https://www.finnair.com/nl/gb/custom...manage-booking

You would not get AS ff miles on PHL-DFW flying AA. No AS ff miles for USA domestic AA flights
Old Apr 8, 2019, 4:35 pm
Original Poster

No luck with Finnair. Thanks for the suggestion. When I enter the FF info and click continue, it just resets back to the manage my booking page and deletes everything I put in. RJ doesn't have Alaska in their drop down unfortunately.
Old Apr 8, 2019, 5:45 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by Mwenenzi
Try Finnair manage my booking. May or may not work for AS. RJ is another possible option

You would not get AS ff miles on PHL-DFW flying AA. No AS ff miles for USA domestic AA flights
No luck with Finnair. Thanks for the suggestion. When I enter the FF info and click continue, it just resets back to the manage my booking page and deletes everything I put in. RJ doesn't have Alaska in their drop down unfortunately.
Old Apr 13, 2019, 8:57 pm

Programs: VA-PLT, QF-GLD, DL-GM, UA-ex1K, AA-exPLT, HH-DM, IHG-PLT, MR-GLD
If the phone agents are having the same issue, I suspect there is a mismatch with your name between the booking and Alaska's system.
Old Apr 13, 2019, 10:14 pm
Original Poster

Update:

Flew Thursday night. When we printed our boarding passes in PHL, our AS numbers were listed with the exception of my daughter, who's AA number was listed. Had the gate agent make the change prior to the flight, so I'll keep checking to make sure it posts, but it seems all is good. Just strange that no one could add the numbers, the numbers weren't listed in our booking, and yet they magically appeared at check in.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.