Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Qantas | Frequent Flyer
Reload this Page >

747 J Seat Selection (nose cone vs. upper deck)

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

747 J Seat Selection (nose cone vs. upper deck)

Search this Thread

Old Apr 13, 2019, 8:41 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: former Olympic Airways Gold (yeah - still proud of that!)
Slightly OT - I don't know if they've fixed the floor flex in the 748?
Old Apr 14, 2019, 2:53 am
og
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: QF WP/LTG | UA P
Originally Posted by LHR/MEL/Europe FF
Slightly OT - I don't know if they've fixed the floor flex in the 748?
Very OT - I presume LH people would know this. Notwithstanding, my only LH B748 flight was in the nose and it was a very pleasant 12 hrs or so
Old Apr 16, 2019, 4:32 am

Programs: QF Platinum (LTG), OW Emerald, Accor Platinum; Hyatt Explorist.
The two isle seats in row 1 in J on 744 are way too close because or the tapering in of the nose.
Row 2 in the nose is incredibly private as is row 14 on the upper deck. They are always my go to's.
Old Apr 16, 2019, 7:52 pm
Original Poster

Programs: AA CK MM, AC SE100K, BA Gold, UA 1K, DL Plat, Hyatt Globalist, Hilton Diamond, Marriott Platinum
Originally Posted by Cedar Jet
The two isle seats in row 1 in J on 744 are way too close because or the tapering in of the nose.
Row 2 in the nose is incredibly private as is row 14 on the upper deck. They are always my go to's.
Thanks again for all the replies so far. I agree - row 2 looks as though it would be ideal, but it was already taken when we booked. At the moment, the other row 1 seats across the aisle remain unoccupied, as it appears 1J has been designated as a bassinet seat, so maybe they'll actually stay open (inventory still shows J9). That would seem the be the best case scenario.

All of row 11 remains open, so I'm almost tempted to move us there.

The pair of center seats at the back of the nose (3E/F) is also now open, but they look way too exposed to interest me.
Old Apr 17, 2019, 7:33 am

Programs: Mucci Des Oeufs Brouilles et des Canards
Originally Posted by metallo
Thanks again for all the replies so far. I agree - row 2 looks as though it would be ideal, but it was already taken when we booked. At the moment, the other row 1 seats across the aisle remain unoccupied, as it appears 1J has been designated as a bassinet seat, so maybe they'll actually stay open (inventory still shows J9). That would seem the be the best case scenario.

All of row 11 remains open, so I'm almost tempted to move us there.

The pair of center seats at the back of the nose (3E/F) is also now open, but they look way too exposed to interest me.
3E/F isn't too bad if memory serves me well - it's been a while since I've been on that config, but being on the lower deck in the cone was a novelty. I remember who bright the cabin felt compared to the UD. 3E/F also has the benefit of neither of you having to step over each other to get out. There was some sort of wall at the end for the TV screen to go in so it wasn't totally exposed, but someone who's been on it more recently could confirm..

One review from Seatguru:
Submitted by SeatGuru User on 2015/09/09 for Seat 3E
Fantastic seat - continuous isle access and quiet. 5B also good but much noisier.

If you've done the U/D before, then do this as you may not get an opportunity to experience the cone area again before they are all out of service!
Old Apr 17, 2019, 1:52 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: ►QFWP/LTG►VA WP►HyattExpl.►HiltonGold►ALL Silver
3E/F have no wall for a TV, but they do have personal storage lockers at your feet.

(The TV comes out of the center armrest/console.)

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.