Jetstar NZ QF Status Credits confusion

Old Apr 3, 19, 2:27 pm
Original Poster

Programs: Air New Zealand Gold Elite; Qantas Platinum; China Southern Gold; Marriott PPE; Accor Gold
Jetstar NZ QF Status Credits confusion

Hi all,

Sorry if this has been answered before but i am struggling with the Jetstar "bundles" and how they earn Status Credits.

I am looking at domestic flights in New Zealand. There seem to be 3 bundles that earn Qantas points, at varying levels (400 Flex,800 Plus and 1,200 Max) but nowhere does is say now many Status Credits.

And weirdly if I want to choose the most expensive option, Max, it seems I don't have same day changes but it says the booking is flexible.

Its all very confusing. Any clarity would be appreciated! thanks
Old Apr 3, 19, 3:07 pm

Programs: QF gold-> platinum
I personally just put it into the calculator with the corresponding fare type- I have attached the table (so max bundles earn at the economy flexible rate, for example)

IIRC SDC is only available on flex bundles or whatever they are called- they donít earn status credits which is annoying (edit: do in NZ but at discount economy rate)

i think (but could be wrong) the flexibility on max bundles is cancel for a voucher and rebook (have never needed to do it

https://www.qantas.com/fflyer/do/dyn...alPointsEarned

Last edited by nancypants; Apr 3, 19 at 4:35 pm
Old Apr 3, 19, 4:15 pm

Programs: QF WP
I think this page is the one you are looking for but you will need to work it out by applying deduction. It seems to tell you when you WON'T earn SCs and then says "except for JQ NZ Domestic".
https://www.jetstar.com/au/en/flight...frequent-flyer

I would check with JESS though.

Jetstar fare
Qantas Frequent Flyer earn category
Starter
Qantas Points and Status Credits are not earned on Starter fares – except for Starter fares on Jetstar New Zealand domestic flights. These bookings will earn Qantas Points at the Discount Economy rate.2
nancypants likes this.
Old Apr 3, 19, 4:39 pm
Original Poster

Programs: Air New Zealand Gold Elite; Qantas Platinum; China Southern Gold; Marriott PPE; Accor Gold
OK thanks that helpful, so even though the "flex" bundle is supposedly "designed for business" it doesnt earn status credits. Since I am only going to use JQ instead of NZ where i can bump up my SC to help requalify for Plat I will make sure to book Max Bundles

thanks!
Old Apr 3, 19, 5:47 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: ►QFWP/LTG►VA WP►HyattGlobalist►HiltonGold
The flex (MAX) bundle does earn SC's.

https://www.qantasnewsroom.com.au/me...estic-flights/

Status Credit earn on a Plus bundle (10 Status Credits) and Max bundle (20 Status Credits) remains unchanged.

SC's can be earned for revenue fares on ALL JQ NZ Domestic flights booked as solely NZ domestic travel.

"Qantas Points and Status Credits are earned on all eligible fares."

https://www.qantas.com/fflyer/dyn/fl...as-and-jetstar

Last edited by serfty; Apr 3, 19 at 6:00 pm
Old Apr 3, 19, 5:53 pm

Programs: QF gold-> platinum
Sorry serfty my mind kept heading back to the Australian earning rules- have corrected above
Old Apr 5, 19, 12:55 am

Programs: QF Gold, VA Plat, IHG Plat Amb, LCAH Gold, Hilton Diamond
Originally Posted by serfty View Post
The flex (MAX) bundle does earn SC's.
The Flex (FlexBiz) bundle does not! Just the points in NZ.
nancypants likes this.
Old Apr 6, 19, 11:02 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by perthite View Post
The Flex (FlexBiz) bundle does not! Just the points in NZ.
The problem with all this is its so confusing and hard to figure out. I just flew today from AKL-CHC on a Max bundle which says it earns 1200 points. I'll keep an eye on when this posts and also how many SC i earn
CPMaverick likes this.
Old Apr 6, 19, 11:32 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by oranjemakker View Post
The problem with all this is its so confusing and hard to figure out. I just flew today from AKL-CHC on a Max bundle which says it earns 1200 points. I'll keep an eye on when this posts and also how many SC I earn
It was not long ago JQ used to state on the web page how many SC's, along side the QF points. Now its buried the t&c's. Then need to calculate from the QF web site
https://www.jetstar.com/nz/en/help/tags/fare-rules
https://www.jetstar.com/nz/en/help/a...dle-fare-rules

Qantas Points and Status Credits
Starter fare with Max bundle passengers are eligible to earn Qantas Points and Status Credits, subject to the Qantas Frequent Flyer Terms and Conditions.
Qantas Points and Status Credits are earned at the Qantas Flexible Economy Rate
JQ flights have been crediting in 2 days for me recently. A lot better than the many weeks it was before. Long ago it used to 1 to 2 days, so now they are back to that.
nancypants likes this.

Last edited by Mwenenzi; Apr 7, 19 at 1:21 pm
Old Apr 9, 19, 5:00 pm
Original Poster

Thanks for all your help. 1200 points and 20 status credits posted within 72 hours.

Better earning than air new Zealand domestic for sure. With free seating included sitting in 1F it's very comfortable and they give you food which isn't offered on air NZ .
Now on my second flight on same bundle

My only worry would be an IRROPS situation and how jetstar would handle this ...
nancypants and serfty like this.

Search this Thread