Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Qantas | Frequent Flyer
Reload this Page >

Any tips for getting an empty row on A380 out of LAX?

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Any tips for getting an empty row on A380 out of LAX?

Search this Thread

Old Mar 21, 2019, 12:08 pm
Original Poster

Programs: AA Gold
So check-in is open and I am playing the seat selection game. Flight is 12 hours out and there are open seats scattered all over the plane. Would the most solid strategy be to aim for the very back of the economy section in hopes of more open seating upon take off? Any negatives with sitting in rows 81+ besides later meal service? I ordered a special meal, so it's not a big deal either way.

Last edited by georgina80; Mar 21, 2019 at 12:35 pm
Old Mar 22, 2019, 4:24 am

Programs: OW Emerald
Originally Posted by georgina80
So check-in is open and I am playing the seat selection game. Flight is 12 hours out and there are open seats scattered all over the plane. Would the most solid strategy be to aim for the very back of the economy section in hopes of more open seating upon take off? Any negatives with sitting in rows 81+ besides later meal service? I ordered a special meal, so it's not a big deal either way.
There is no solid strategy. Pick a seat and see how it goes. QF will scatter the allocated seats for load balancing, so you cannot expect one region of the plane to stay more open than another.
Old Mar 22, 2019, 4:29 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by georgina80
So georgina80 should be in the air now
https://flightaware.com/live/flight/QFA94

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.