Community
Wiki Posts
Search

QF633 refreshment / dinner

Search this Thread

Old Mar 18, 2019, 1:31 am
Original Poster

QF633 refreshment / dinner

Hi all, I am going to fly QF633 on 21 March 2019 (17:40-21:00) from Brisbane to Melbourne.
It shows on Qantas website that only refreshment will be provided for business class.
I highly doubt this is accurate since even the flight leaving Brisbane to Melbourne at 17:10 has dinner as the meal.
Anyone knows whether I will get dinner for this flight?
Old Mar 18, 2019, 4:09 am
og
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: QF WP/LTG | UA P
I have found dinner flights are certainly not substantial meals. “Light dinner” is a closer description. So, if you like your meals, a pre departure snack in the lounge may make whatever you get onboard less unsatisfying.
Old Mar 18, 2019, 6:01 pm

Programs: QANTAS, Le Club, Bonvoy, Amplify
I regularly fly both the 5:10 and 5:40 flight and there is no difference to the (small) meal in economy
Old Mar 18, 2019, 9:59 pm

Programs: QF Gold, VA Red, SQ, HH Silver, Marriott Gold.
t does seen unlikely that your 17.40 flight in Business will be purely a refreshment. However whether refreshment or dinner you are likely to have a choice of 2/3 dishes, generally of entree (appetiser) size. You'd be wise to have something to eat in the Brisbane Business Lounge before you fly as a precaution. Alcohol, wine and spirits, will be available free of charge in flight.
Old Mar 20, 2019, 7:00 am

Programs: Mucci Des Oeufs Brouilles et des Canards
I flew the 2pm service a few weeks ago in Business, which is marketed as a Refreshment flight. I was hoping for just a cake, scones or some cheese, but there were 3 options: a pea and ham soup, an Indonesian rice dish (does jambalaya sound right? I'm sure she didn't say Nasi Goren or simiar) or something in a box that may have been cheesy bites. We were sitting in row 2, and we're not status travellers. They served row 1 first, then the other side of 2, came to us and said could I refresh your drinks before getting you something to eat, then served row 3 before coming back to us and the cheesy box option had run out. I begun to wonder if they had attached to my record that I'm an occasional kingon with a QF friend and have travelled on her staff benefits and I was aware then you'd get served last. Bit awkward when they assign you 1A at the gate as that person was a no show and you have to sit next to someone who gets served their meal way before you do! But it's been 2 years+ since I'd used it and my ticket was a redemption from BA - so maybe it was 1) because it was "free". or 2) because it was BA.

We had the soup which was fine, but did repeat on my partner for some reason. Nice bar of chocolate.

We took advantage of the Business Lounge where we had some taco type snacks made as well as taking advantage of the salad bar etc. It was probably good that we did as the soup wouldn't have kept us going. Also make sure you don't just use the Qantas Club lounge, but continue through the Business Lounge. I had a quick reccie of it on the way out and discovered the nick name Qantas Pub holds true with a couple of large groups taking advantage of the open bar. I didn't really notice much difference as far a food goes, but maybe someone can enlighten me. The booze is supposedly better in the Business Lounge, but I don't drink too much when travelling so didn't partake. The Business Lounge was quieter for sure, but by the time we walked out at 1.45 or so it had gotten busier at the front but loads of space at the back still.

Last edited by dddc; Mar 20, 2019 at 8:18 am

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.