Wiki Posts
Search

upgrade if multiple pax under PNR

Search this Thread

Old Mar 10, 2019, 7:32 am
Original Poster

Programs: QF Emerald. SQ Gold.
upgrade if multiple pax under PNR

title say it all but if say we have 5 ppl under PNR for family travel and request upgrade, then for International travel

1) is it "all or nothing" meaning it only gets confirmed if all 5 pax can be accomodated, and not just one or two
2) if answer above is partial upgrade is processed can we request all or nothing so family stay in same cabin
3) I am WP if so family enjoy same priority as me?
4) practically how likely will PEY-J for Asia route for 5 get processed? i think very slim.

assume very light load where J9C9D9I9 situation with light cabin at back also.
Old Mar 10, 2019, 10:55 am

Programs: QF Plat, BA GGL, VA Silver, SQ Gold, IHG Gold, HH Diamond, Accor Plat, Hertz Pres Circle
1. All or nothing is correct

2. As per #1

3. Yes the upgrades would be processed at your status level

4. With light loads in J, eg. mid week, there's a good chance you will clear 5
Old Mar 10, 2019, 5:49 pm
Original Poster

thx madrooster

great to hear. havent yet booked but will structure my flights accordingly.
Old Mar 11, 2019, 9:10 pm

Programs: BA GGL; SK EBG; QF LTG; Hilton Diamond, A-Club Platinum, Marriott Platinum
Wife who is plat, cleared 3 on BNE-LAX last week at 48 hours. Not exactly the same but a data point. Funny thing was flight was then oversold in J and had to then downgrade another pax. Not sure on how that decision was made.
Old Mar 11, 2019, 10:41 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by Koru Flyer
Wife who is plat, cleared 3 on BNE-LAX last week at 48 hours. Not exactly the same but a data point. Funny thing was flight was then oversold in J and had to then downgrade another pax. Not sure on how that decision was made.
did the 3 pax manage to be seated close by? for me it's 3 young kids so I think criteria might differ. Hard to see them put the 4yr old by himself in a random seat. or maybe computer won't be that smart.
Old Mar 12, 2019, 9:02 pm
Original Member

Location: Portland OR Double Emerald (QF and AA), DL PM/MM, Starwood Plat
Originally Posted by fakecd
did the 3 pax manage to be seated close by? for me it's 3 young kids so I think criteria might differ. Hard to see them put the 4yr old by himself in a random seat. or maybe computer won't be that smart.
The new A330 J cabin layout is not suitable for 4 year old imho. The seats are very isolated and hard for young children to use. PE would work better for them. Or one of the older J cabin layouts such as 747, but most flights have the new more private seating which isn't family friendly. ​​​​​​
LTN Phobia likes this.
Old Mar 15, 2019, 11:20 pm

Programs: BA GGL; SK EBG; QF LTG; Hilton Diamond, A-Club Platinum, Marriott Platinum
Yes we managed to get two in the middle and then one on the side a row back. They are aged 9 and 13. The system had no wriggle room, and QF lounge agent was absolutely not going to even suggest a like for like swap with a pax on the window so the 13 would be one seat forward.

I agree that even middle pair would be tough with a four year old. QF have made the seats quite isolated. And for some odd reason do not match the seat numbers on the middle and window seats.

It it is a great layout for individual pax, not so good for couples that appreciate each other and very difficult for kids.

KF

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.