FlyerTalk Forums

FlyerTalk Forums (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/index.php)
-   Qantas | Frequent Flyer (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/qantas-frequent-flyer-498/)
-   -   Q Bag Tags (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/qantas-frequent-flyer/1958129-q-bag-tags.html)

mikalee Feb 25, 2019 6:01 pm

Q Bag Tags

I have been a WP a number of years in succession now and exhausted my supplied stock of Q Bag Tags from the original QF Club grant in 2010 and the morale boosting 2 tags given to me at each Silver, Gold and Platinum level.

I find the rubber around the rim has become brittle and worn off, as well as family members swiping them!

Can I look forward to any being issued by QF to me or if I ring them will they send me a batch? It has been about 5 years since I become WP, they are far ahead in this relationship...as I expect!

eminere Feb 25, 2019 6:05 pm

Call when you requalify in your new membership year and request for a new set.

serfty Feb 25, 2019 7:09 pm

Originally Posted by mikalee (Post 30821594)

Can I look forward to any being issued by QF to me or if I ring them will they send me a batch? It has been about 5 years since I become WP, they are far ahead in this relationship...as I expect!

Anecdotally you should be able to call Qantas Loyalty and request new WP tags be sent to you.

It should not cost anything.

FWIW, my original WP and SWMBO's original SG tags are still in their packaging as we have not yet had a use for them.

CXCPA Feb 26, 2019 4:08 pm

Does anyone actually use it over a paper tag? So it is good for AU domestic travel only. Can it be left with the luggage and used with a paper tag for international travel?

serfty Feb 26, 2019 5:07 pm

Originally Posted by CXCPA (Post 30825206)
... Can it be left with the luggage and used with a paper tag for international travel?

Only if you don't have a domestic connection for which the luggage would be through (paper) tagged.

RealityBites Feb 26, 2019 5:44 pm

Does anyone actually use it over a paper tag? So it is good for AU domestic travel only. Can it be left with the luggage and used with a paper tag for international travel?

Yes, it’s another handy identifier to separate my bags from other similar bags on the baggage carousel!

ps107 Feb 28, 2019 12:36 am

Most of them I've seen in use have been on carry-on bags :rolleyes:

VH-RMD Feb 28, 2019 2:02 am

Originally Posted by ps107 (Post 30830298)
Most of them I've seen in use have been on carry-on bags :rolleyes:

Which is in danger of being forced to be put in the hold...

littlegreenman Feb 28, 2019 2:33 am

Originally Posted by VH-RMD (Post 30830501)
Which is in danger of being forced to be put in the hold...

Exactly. Don't get it why people put them on say a backpack.

I find the tags incredibly handy though. Rock up, scan phone, put bag on belt, off you go.

Unless of course you're in Hobart (it's like being back in the 90s) and have to queue at the single priority counter which is full of foreigners trying to check in for international connections. It's a long wait and you wish qtags would work there. Not that being able to get into the lounge would do you any good there because it's really tired, dated and full of QC members without status who are about to get on their Jetstar flight. (Rant over).

shillard Feb 28, 2019 2:09 pm

Yes and yes - with one exception.

If you fly VA out of CBR they advise you to remove the Q-tag. Some weird joint baggage system there can get confused if you have both a QF Q-tag and VA paper tag when flying VA.

Otherwise I leave mine on all the time as the primary (checked) bag tag. Just flew NTL-BNE-SIN-CMB-DXB-DEL-HKG-SYD on JQ. QF, UL, EK, CX with them.

I too am confused by seeing them on backpacks and other carry-on items.

Y tho?

og Feb 28, 2019 4:08 pm

Originally Posted by shillard (Post 30832767)
I too am confused by seeing them on backpacks and other carry-on items.

Most importantly, they are included in the precious 7 kg weight limit.

nancypants Mar 4, 2020 12:38 pm

I’ll ask my question here since the robot in Canberra couldn’t answer it when she dragged me out of the queue to insist I use the kiosk:

can q bag tags now be used on connecting itineraries?

as an aside, does qantas have a policy of not allowing you to just queue up for a human?

og Mar 4, 2020 1:54 pm

Originally Posted by nancypants (Post 32141785)
as an aside, does qantas have a policy of not allowing you to just queue up for a human?

The only humans left on the ground are the 24 Million Dollar Man and a gaggle of work experience students who try to fix the IT system so you won’t have to “inteface” with humans who aren’t there any more. (With apologies to the remaining humans who are there and doing a bloody good job trying to keep people happy).

nancypants Mar 4, 2020 2:33 pm

Originally Posted by og (Post 32142113)
The only humans left on the ground are the 24 Million Dollar Man and a gaggle of work experience students who try to fix the IT system so you won’t have to “inteface” with humans who aren’t there any more. (With apologies to the remaining humans who are there and doing a bloody good job trying to keep people happy).

I was so annoyed with her this morning!!

cmtlatitudes Mar 4, 2020 5:02 pm

Originally Posted by nancypants (Post 32142254)
I was so annoyed with her this morning!!

It happened to me 3 times in 2019, flying with AA. All In F/J. Sent away from the priority line to the kiosk. GA wouldn't help me until they watched me try at the kiosk first. Twice at PLS, (which hey I don't expect a lot there but still), and once at KOA. Agree completely --- very annoying.