Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Qantas | Frequent Flyer
Reload this Page >

Double SC on QF*QF, book by 22 Feb [now 25 Feb], Travel 22 Feb-31 Aug

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Double SC on QF*QF, book by 22 Feb [now 25 Feb], Travel 22 Feb-31 Aug

Search this Thread

Old Feb 19, 2019, 3:50 am

Programs: QF LTS WP, Avis Pres Club, HH Diam.
Originally Posted by MKBshaw
Decided to book this CMB/AKL in J - did it over the phone with QF and the agent was flabbergasted at how cheap it was. Nets 960 SC's and 39,500 points which is pretty good. Got the SYD-SIN leg in A380 so put in an upgrade to F for 31,500 points, so fingers crossed it clears. Thanks for pointing out the fare minz56!
There are very good fares ex CMB, I routinely get a CMB-SIN-MEL rtn J for around $1500USD (thru SYD the $ go way up) and with OTA can get the UL CMB-SIN legs as QF code shares. No good for double SC but good for 2 of the squiggles.
Old Feb 19, 2019, 5:08 am

Programs: QF
Originally Posted by VH-RMD
There are very good fares ex CMB, I routinely get a CMB-SIN-MEL rtn J for around $1500USD (thru SYD the $ go way up) and with OTA can get the UL CMB-SIN legs as QF code shares. No good for double SC but good for 2 of the squiggles.
Yeah, definitely some great premium fares ex-CMB - have seen some amazing CX deals as well, such as JNB for around $1600 USD. I've been keeping my QF status since I left the world of corporate travel (DPS based so not too hard), and I can usually get the 4 segments and a good portion of the SC's on one good long haul J fare during DSC. Also seeing some great QR fares ex-CGK.
Old Feb 19, 2019, 8:17 pm

Originally Posted by shillard
A fellow resident of the holy city!!!

Red E Deals NTL-BNE followed by any of the following are good domestic SC options:

NTL-BNE-SYD-MEL-CBR-BNE-NTL cheapest of the cheap fares still gets you 60 SCs and 4,800 points.

Easiest path to 50 SCs would be NTL-BNE-SYD(K class or similar to score 20 SCs)-BNE-NTL. Can be done in a day.
Lol yes @shillard. Now if only we get a lounge at NTL!

I am looking at booking NTL-BNE-HTI return in Y (all on Q400's so no other class) which is 40 SC's and I will book it during the double SC's so 80 SC's will give me nice buffer.

Post my anniversary date I will do a NTL-BNE-SYD-DPS in Y return with double SC's will be 720
Old Feb 19, 2019, 9:49 pm

Programs: QF Plat+ LTG/ OW Emerald, VA Plat, NZ Gold, HH Diamond, Hyatt Whatsit. Taxation is theft.
Originally Posted by motef
Lol yes @shillard. Now if only we get a lounge at NTL!

I am looking at booking NTL-BNE-HTI return in Y (all on Q400's so no other class) which is 40 SC's and I will book it during the double SC's so 80 SC's will give me nice buffer.

Post my anniversary date I will do a NTL-BNE-SYD-DPS in Y return with double SC's will be 720
We actually had a lounge... of sorts. Circa 2000 - 2005.

Good to see your Gold is in the bag.
motef likes this.
Old Feb 19, 2019, 9:53 pm

The NTL-BNE-HTI is only $244 each way in a Red e-deal and Mrs Motef is travelling on Classic reward so it works out well
Old Feb 19, 2019, 10:50 pm

Programs: NZ
Lol yes @shillard.... Post my anniversary date I will do a NTL-BNE-SYD-DPS in Y return with double SC's will be 720
How do you work this out? Seems high.
Old Feb 19, 2019, 11:23 pm

Originally Posted by minz56
How do you work this out? Seems high.
my mistake. I meant to say in J
Old Feb 20, 2019, 12:02 am

Programs: NZ

my mistake. I meant to say in J
No problem ... that makes more sense
Old Feb 20, 2019, 6:31 pm
og
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: QF WP/LTG | UA P
DSC now extended to 25 February for bookings. I got the email but the website has yet to be updated. That work experience IT person must be out for lunch.
nancypants and Jimmie Jet like this.
Old Feb 20, 2019, 8:35 pm

Programs: QF WP
Originally Posted by og
DSC now extended to 25 February for bookings. I got the email but the website has yet to be updated. That work experience IT person must be out for lunch.
unfortunately i’m all sorted for SCs this year and they haven’t extended the travel date past the end of my status year 😭
og and poopbunny like this.
Old Feb 20, 2019, 9:02 pm

Programs: QF Plat+ LTG/ OW Emerald, VA Plat, NZ Gold, HH Diamond, Hyatt Whatsit. Taxation is theft.
Originally Posted by og
Looks like the fare sales weren't trending the way that the campaign projected...
nancypants likes this.
Old Feb 20, 2019, 9:12 pm
og
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: QF WP/LTG | UA P
Looks like the fare sales weren't trending the way that the campaign projected...
Yes, and some TT fares have dropped too. If they extended DSC until next year then Im sure they’d sell more (to me..).
Old Feb 21, 2019, 12:39 am

Programs: QF Emerald. SQ Gold.
i dont think it was not selling well. they done damage to themselves by offering 3 special sale before DSC so they shudnt complain lack of takeup... most normal consumer who travels once a year or so buy on their own terms at cheapest rate, not on DSC.

also as some pointed out, as DSC only goes to Aug those who are used to previous promo will wait out... my guess is they will do again in early Aug for travel from Aug19 to mar 2020 to capture next wave of festive bookings ahead ot competitor
og and nancypants like this.
Old Feb 21, 2019, 5:17 pm

So to get my 50 SC's to retain Gold I booked NTL-BNE-HTI return all in Y (they are Q400s so no other class) on Red eDeals for 40 SC's (80 Double)Used my Amex annual travel credit so only $50 additional and booked two nights on HTI with Qantas Hotels having 9pts per $1.
Old Feb 23, 2019, 5:15 pm

Programs: QF WP

Anyone want to confess to this classic bit of DYKWIA behaviour in the Facebook comments? Perhaps not a flyertalker by the look of the thought process

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.