Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Qantas | Frequent Flyer
Reload this Page >

Double SC on QF*QF, book by 22 Feb [now 25 Feb], Travel 22 Feb-31 Aug

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Double SC on QF*QF, book by 22 Feb [now 25 Feb], Travel 22 Feb-31 Aug

Search this Thread

Old Feb 18, 2019, 12:04 am

Programs: QF Emerald. SQ Gold.
fares ex outport is fine, in fact i got slightly lower (say 100 AUD) than when I was pricing in the leadup.

ex HKG I fare to AKL (sale) fares all normal for northern summer about 3.9k AUD. ex AKL D fare to HBA I got for 2100 NZD.

I think upping the price is only for ex-Aus where most mileage runners would be based.

I kept the registration confirmation page, and the ticket says "issued on 18 Feb" so has to be after 00:01am AEDT.
Beano likes this.
Old Feb 18, 2019, 12:28 am

Programs: NZ
Originally Posted by MKBshaw
Anyone seeing any good ex-Asia fares? Usually can get some decent prices for J ex-DPS (~$1500) but not seeing very much this year. Best I'm seeing is PEK-SYD-MEL for $2500 return which nets 660 SC and around 32k miles (assuming QF Plat).
How about CMB/AKL in J for about US$1540 ....
UL/QF - CMB-AKL in J for 1.540 USD

Nets 960 SC assuming you fly QF metal SIN or BKK/OZ and OZ/AKL, and allowing for the fact that the UL sectors will not get double SC.
Old Feb 18, 2019, 3:30 am

HBA-MEL-SYD-DPS in discount J =400 SC for AUD1176 ( O/W, presumably RTN is similar but I only needed O/W).
BTW, do these count double for loyalty bonus accrual?
Old Feb 18, 2019, 4:52 am

Programs: QF Emerald. SQ Gold.
Originally Posted by paolo64
HBA-MEL-SYD-DPS in discount J =400 SC for AUD1176 ( O/W, presumably RTN is similar but I only needed O/W).
no, wont count towards loyalty bonus.

but in 2017 their promo double counted the bonus towards loyalty bonus but that was infant stage of DSC and QF were on steep learning curve
Old Feb 18, 2019, 5:25 am

Programs: QF
Originally Posted by minz56

Nets 960 SC assuming you fly QF metal SIN or BKK/OZ and OZ/AKL, and allowing for the fact that the UL sectors will not get double SC.
Was looking at the ex-CMB fare, but only bookable on OTA that I can see... for DC I usually try to book directly with QF. Has anyone booked with an OTA and have had an issue with having it post?
Old Feb 18, 2019, 5:31 am

Thats pretty decent. Hopefully you're on the 330 service vs the 737!
Old Feb 18, 2019, 7:26 am

Programs: QF Plat+ LTG/ OW Emerald, VA Plat, NZ Gold, HH Diamond, Hyatt Whatsit. Taxation is theft.
Originally Posted by minz56

NEVER BOOK J ON UL!!!

Book UL code, E class or similar. Wait for the upgrade offer, bid US$155 for the upgrade. Get upgraded, credited as full J fare.

Just did this CMB-DXB, scored 80 SCs. WINNING.
Old Feb 18, 2019, 7:29 am

Programs: QF Plat+ LTG/ OW Emerald, VA Plat, NZ Gold, HH Diamond, Hyatt Whatsit. Taxation is theft.
Well, isn't that convenient?

This week I was about to book:

NTL-BNE-PER-BNE-NTL

NTL-BNE-SIN-CMB-DXB-CMB-LHE-CMB-DEL-CMB-SIN-BNE-NTL

NTL-BNE-HKG-SGN-SIN-BNE-NTL

Cha-Ching!!!
Old Feb 18, 2019, 4:07 pm

Originally Posted by shillard
Well, isn't that convenient?

This week I was about to book:

NTL-BNE-PER-BNE-NTL

Cha-Ching!!!
Do note that only those flights operated by QF will attract the DSCs.
Old Feb 18, 2019, 6:02 pm

Programs: NZ
AKL/SYD/DPS is NZ$1,283 one way, so a similar fare and also nets 400 SC with the double SC promotion.

I'll be booking for July when the A330 operates. That one journey will make re-qualifying for Gold easy
Old Feb 18, 2019, 8:52 pm
DML

Programs: QF Plat, VA Plat, HHonors Diamond
Big overlap with the travel dates of the previous offer. Only managed to bag a couple fo flights this time round - if it had gone to the end of the year I could have booked a lot more
Old Feb 18, 2019, 10:06 pm

I will be 50sc short this year of retaining Gold. Any suggestions for status runs out of NTL? Happy to take a positioning flight somewhere or drive to SYD if required but would love to avoid.
Old Feb 19, 2019, 2:21 am
Moderator: Asiana & Qantas Frequent Flyer
Aman Contributor Badge

Programs: QF Lifetime SG, LH HON, OZ Lifetime Diamond +, HH Diamond, Marriott Lifetime Platinum
Originally Posted by motef
I will be 50sc short this year of retaining Gold. Any suggestions for status runs out of NTL? Happy to take a positioning flight somewhere or drive to SYD if required but would love to avoid.
Shillard has a few ideas:

Originally Posted by shillard

NTL-BNE-PER-BNE-NTL

shillard likes this.
Old Feb 19, 2019, 2:41 am

Originally Posted by motef
A fellow resident of the holy city!!!

Red E Deals NTL-BNE followed by any of the following are good domestic SC options:

NTL-BNE-SYD-MEL-CBR-BNE-NTL cheapest of the cheap fares still gets you 60 SCs and 4,800 points.

Easiest path to 50 SCs would be NTL-BNE-SYD(K class or similar to score 20 SCs)-BNE-NTL. Can be done in a day.
Old Feb 19, 2019, 3:39 am

Originally Posted by MKBshaw
Was looking at the ex-CMB fare, but only bookable on OTA that I can see... for DC I usually try to book directly with QF. Has anyone booked with an OTA and have had an issue with having it post?
Decided to book this CMB/AKL in J - did it over the phone with QF and the agent was flabbergasted at how cheap it was. Nets 960 SC's and 39,500 points which is pretty good. Got the SYD-SIN leg in A380 so put in an upgrade to F for 31,500 points, so fingers crossed it clears. Thanks for pointing out the fare minz56!
minz56 likes this.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.