Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Qantas | Frequent Flyer
Reload this Page >

Double SC on QF*QF, book by 22 Feb [now 25 Feb], Travel 22 Feb-31 Aug

Double SC on QF*QF, book by 22 Feb [now 25 Feb], Travel 22 Feb-31 Aug

Old Jun 17, 19, 7:37 am

Programs: QFWP/LTG, VAWP, NZ*G, OZD, NH*G, Marriott Plat, IHG SpireAMB, HHD
On this DSC promo, I had no issue with my DSCs posting and there were many upgraded flights in there.

However, in previous DSC promos, I had to chase up DSCs on all upgraded flights. And when I called before the stated maximum posting period, they told me to wait until that period had expired before ringing back. On one occasion, I said to them that it was very unlikely that they would automatically post at this late stage and the agent agreed with me but stated that it can’t be manually credited any earlier than this maximum posting period.
BD1959 likes this.
Old Jun 17, 19, 11:12 pm

Programs: QF Emerald. CX Nobody
my upgraded sector posted DSC based on orignal cabin class without any issue.
BD1959 likes this.
Old Jul 26, 19, 8:09 pm

just an update as data-point. The infamous bug of bookings made on first day of DSC registration period, before GMT UK time switch to the new date, is prone to issue. I had 2 bookings made in that manner (11pm UK time, but post 12am Australia time) the DCS are not posting after 3 weeks still. On the contrary bookings I made during promotion, but not first day, had it posted without issues.

I thought of contacting member service but i suspect they tell me to wait 6 weeks (why is that? most DSC post in 3 days anyways), so I've been holding off, unless others had difference experience. So my suggestion is, don't get too excited and book on the first day if you want seamless posting. Wait a day to book. Just another QF system nightmare
Old Jul 27, 19, 1:25 am

Programs: QF Gold, VA Plat, IHG Plat Amb, LCAH Gold, Hilton Diamond
Originally Posted by fakecd View Post
ditto on 2-3 days fo double SC.

i think procedure is they run a batch every 2-3 days a week where they cross-check the PNR of bookings where SC was awarded since last batch run 2-3days ago, against list of PNR which are eligible for each DSC promotions (which in turn is presumably stored as array/matrix somewhere). so a simple algorithm of if() loop() funcions using two vectors/matrix in a programming code which can be written by the interns and i swear that was the case....

and thus the DSC of infancy had multiple loopholes (DSC towards loyalty bonus, etc) which subsequent interns were told to fix the algorithm
The whole FF program was replatformed last year, so there is a good chance that all the scripts were rewritten
Old Jul 29, 19, 6:58 am

Programs: Qantas Gold FF
Any double SC promos running right now that I've missed? Got to book a slightly tedious status run this week so just checking!
Old Jul 29, 19, 7:07 am
og
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: QF WP/LTG | UA P
Originally Posted by QueEff View Post
Any double SC promos running right now that I've missed? Got to book a slightly tedious status run this week so just checking!
No general DSC promos for everyone. But there might be specifically personally targeted promos for selected people.
Old Jul 29, 19, 4:15 pm

i received targetted email for 50pct bonus on SC for booking: "make a new booking between 24 July 2019 and 30 July 2019 for travel from 24 July 2019 to 21 November 2019"

it went into my bin. i am not doing anything till DSC pops up for leisure trip...in previous DSC i always purchases business class so i dont want their AI/data mining robots to think i will alter my behavior with 50pct which may lower future chances of target email for DSC
Old Jul 29, 19, 4:21 pm

see below!

Last edited by QueEff; Jul 29, 19 at 4:23 pm Reason: forgot to quote
Old Jul 29, 19, 4:22 pm

Originally Posted by fakecd View Post
i received targetted email for 50pct bonus on SC for booking: "make a new booking between 24 July 2019 and 30 July 2019 for travel from 24 July 2019 to 21 November 2019"

it went into my bin. i am not doing anything till DSC pops up for leisure trip...in previous DSC i always purchases business class so i dont want their AI/data mining robots to think i will alter my behavior with 50pct which may lower future chances of target email for DSC
oh far out, that would really help me out if I got that email right now! Any chance you still have the link you could share? Would save me doing a 33 hour journey when I could do a 24hr one!
Old Jul 29, 19, 4:54 pm

Programs: QF
oh far out, that would really help me out if I got that email right now! Any chance you still have the link you could share? Would save me doing a 33 hour journey when I could do a 24hr one!
If it's a targeted offer someone else's registration link won't work for you.
Old Jul 29, 19, 8:22 pm

Anyone care to take a guess at when the next double status credit offer will emerge?
Old Jul 30, 19, 2:44 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

Programs: ►QFWP/LTG►VA WP►HyattGlobalist►HiltonGold
Originally Posted by Thekman View Post
Anyone care to take a guess at when the next double status credit offer will emerge?
Only some of those those in Qantas marketing would know.

See @og 's post 66; that was the unofficial word doing the rounds a month ago.

Things may change but I would not count on it.

Last edited by serfty; Jul 30, 19 at 2:56 am
Old Jul 30, 19, 7:45 am

Oh well, I'm booking today so that should trigger a DSC offer to my inbox tomorrow! ��

Search this Thread