FlyerTalk Forums

FlyerTalk Forums (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/index.php)
-   Qantas | Frequent Flyer (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/qantas-frequent-flyer-498/)
-   -   SYD-MEL-SIN Lounge Questions (QF First) (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/qantas-frequent-flyer/1956506-syd-mel-sin-lounge-questions-qf-first.html)

Vasco Pridat Feb 15, 2019 2:47 am

SYD-MEL-SIN Lounge Questions (QF First)

Hi community. I may add my questions here.
I have a flight from syd 10am to Mel 50min layover and out to sin in qantas F.
Is that working?? What's your input on lounge comparison?? I will only be able to use the Domestic Lounge right? So I should try to change to an earlier flight to Mel and have time in the first lounge?

Globaliser Feb 15, 2019 2:53 am

I can't see how a 0:50 connection would work in MEL. It doesn't even seem to be legal; a quick check suggests the MCT is 60 minutes. So you couldn't be on a single through ticket, and if you're doing this on separate tickets then the polite answer that I would give is that this would not be a sensible plan.

On this routing, assuming both flights are on QF, you are correct that in SYD you would only have access to the domestic business class and domestic Qantas Club lounges in T3.

og Feb 15, 2019 3:17 am

50 min in MEL from domestic to international will give ZERO time to enjoy the MEL F lounge. I’d try to get a SYD-MEL flight > 2 hrs earlier if you want MEL F time. And this assumes you are on the same ticket. If separate tickets then I’d want > 3 hrs above your 50 minutes. In other words, get a much earlier SYD-MEL flight.

Vasco Pridat Feb 15, 2019 3:50 am

Originally Posted by og (Post 30781292)
50 min in MEL from domestic to international will give ZERO time to enjoy the MEL F lounge. I’d try to get a SYD-MEL flight > 2 hrs earlier if you want MEL F time. And this assumes you are on the same ticket. If separate tickets then I’d want > 3 hrs above your 50 minutes. In other words, get a much earlier SYD-MEL flight.

Thank. You. Yes . I must have had a dark hour when booking it.. But yes. Single ticket. Arrive 11.35 takeoff 12.20

Globaliser Feb 15, 2019 3:55 am

Originally Posted by Vasco Pridat (Post 30781343)
I must have had a dark hour when booking it.. But yes. Single ticket. Arrive 11.35 takeoff 12.20

That's 45 minutes, not 50. I can't see how that's legal. I can't get it to come up on any search tool. So for that reason alone, you're better off with a longer connection.

Mwenenzi Feb 15, 2019 10:52 am

Originally Posted by Vasco Pridat (Post 30781343)
Thank. You. Yes . I must have had a dark hour when booking it.. But yes. Single ticket. Arrive 11.35 takeoff 12.20

Originally Posted by Globaliser (Post 30781348)
That's 45 minutes, not 50. I can't see how that's legal. I can't get it to come up on any search tool. So for that reason alone, you're better off with a longer connection.

QF423 to QF35?
I would be contacting QF and asking for a SCT (sensible connection time).
Flights SYD MEL on QF are a commuter run every ~15 - 30 minutes.
If you arrive early at SYD is a possibility you will be offered an earlier flight.

DownUnderFlyer Feb 15, 2019 2:26 pm

[mod hat] This was originally posted in a thread from 10 years ago and I have moved it into its own space. [/mod hat]