Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Qantas | Frequent Flyer
Reload this Page >

Making changes to a Corporate Traveller booking

Old Feb 14, 2019, 5:14 pm
Original Poster

Programs: QF WP

morning all,

work are demonstrating some extreme idiocy in booking some travel for me (basically i’m trying to avoid a greyhound bus cos, this is Flyertalk not bustalk amirite)

so by way of responding in kind to them being too cheap to pay for an Airnorth flight, i’m proposing to have them book my return travel all the way to Canberra, instead of just as far as Darwin

i would then attempt to change the DRW-XXX-CBR flights to an alternative date, just paying the change fee (or possibly cancel for a credit?)

the bookings are always made through corporate traveller and are always Red e-deal

does anyone know what’s the go with this? It would be easier for me to deal directly with qantas rather than corporate traveller but i’m not sure when qantas become able to make changes to those bookings?

any guidance much appreciated
Old Feb 14, 2019, 5:41 pm
Hvr

Programs: QF LTG:
Your corporate travel agency owns the booking and will need to make any changes. Also, depending on your employer they may even advise them of the changes and if you've breached any corporate travel policies you have that issue with your employer.

Also, any credit belongs to your employer, not you.

Finally, feel free to post here Travel Expenses: Dumb Things your Company has Done once you've completed and anonymised your story.
Old Feb 14, 2019, 5:57 pm
Original Poster

Hmm ok. Does it ever go into airline control? Like within 24 hours of departure or something?

to be fair I’m happy to just no show and have them eat the cost, fare credit would be just deserts

they are contractually obliged to return me to my place of residence (in this case CBR). I’m just trying to save them some money and some of my time by dropping me in Darwin and that being the end of it

(interestingly I also offered to pay the flight myself and take reimbursement for the value of the bus ticket and that I would eat the difference. That was also a no... )
Old Feb 14, 2019, 7:55 pm

Programs: QF WP LTG, HHonors Diamond, NZ Gold
Hi nancypants,

Our company also requires us to book all corporate travel through the CTA, any subsequent changes I require also have to be made via that same CTA. They do seem to offer the cheapest flight available - which seems to mirror QF's Red e-deals at times, however typically price up slightly lower than the QF Website.
Usually, I can change the ticket regardless of the type, simply by paying a change fee and any fare difference. Yesterday, however, the CTA stated that the terms of my ticket didn't allow same day changes and I had to purchase a new ticket, however even in these circumstances I get to credit the unused portion against future travel (unlike the typical retail situation) - YMMV.

Originally Posted by nancypants
Does it ever go into airline control? Like within 24 hours of departure or something?

Of course it does. The airline can modify the booking due to - for example - IROPS, quite often I've been called by QF and offered an alternative flight because they've cancelled the one I'm booked on.
Also - but usually only if I've been able to snag a flexible fare - I've been able to fly-forward by asking in the Lounge. I expect, however, that the circumstances under which Qantas can maintain the booking are contracted - similar to the CTA as above.

Regards,

BD

nancypants likes this.
Old Feb 15, 2019, 12:40 am

Programs: Qantas, Virgin
My experience with Corporate Travel Agent control is that the airline (Qantas) is never able to make a change to the booking by phone. If you want to make a change before I get to the airport then I have to call the travel agent.

Once I get to the airport I can make changes at the customer service desk or in the lounge.
nancypants and Tag1987 like this.
Old Feb 16, 2019, 7:55 pm

Programs: BA GGL; SK EBG; QF LTG; Hilton Diamond, A-Club Platinum, Marriott Platinum
But once you have flown the first leg, QF (and others) in my experience have been happy to modify it over the phone.
Old Feb 16, 2019, 8:00 pm
Suspended

Programs: UA US CO AA DL FL
Nobody here can answer OP's question unless they have read the contract between OP's employer and the corporate TA. It is possible for the TA to flag the PNR as not being eligible for change other than in IRROPS and it is further possible to the TA to directly notify the employer of any changes made at any time.

The only way to get accurate answers to OP's question for OP's specific situation is for OP to speak with the travel manager for the employer.
nancypants likes this.
Old Feb 16, 2019, 9:03 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by Often1
Nobody here can answer OP's question unless they have read the contract between OP's employer and the corporate TA. It is possible for the TA to flag the PNR as not being eligible for change other than in IRROPS and it is further possible to the TA to directly notify the employer of any changes made at any time.

The only way to get accurate answers to OP's question for OP's specific situation is for OP to speak with the travel manager for the employer.
it’s telling that i’d rather ask here than phone the travel bookings people at work
Old Feb 17, 2019, 12:29 pm
Suspended

Programs: UA US CO AA DL FL
Originally Posted by nancypants

it’s telling that i’d rather ask here than phone the travel bookings people at work
Yes, it is. But, the simple fact is that if you ask here, the answer is "yes or no, because we don't know the specifics of your employer's contract."
nancypants likes this.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.