Search

Titanium card....

Search this Thread

Old Feb 12, 2019, 8:38 pm
DML
Original Poster

Programs: QF Plat, VA Plat, HHonors Diamond
Titanium card....

Qantas Titanium credit card: New frequent flyer points card aims for big spenders

Not sure this is worth the $1200 fee, the "perks" seem pretty feeble, esp compared to Amex Charge card. Might just cut it for someone falling short of WP to keep their status up but that's pretty tenuous. More importantly though, who is the bod who earned 30 million QF points last year?!!

Last edited by DML; Feb 12, 2019 at 8:46 pm
Old Feb 12, 2019, 10:55 pm

Originally Posted by DML
Qantas Titanium credit card: New frequent flyer points card aims for big spenders

Not sure this is worth the $1200 fee, the "perks" seem pretty feeble, esp compared to Amex Charge card. Might just cut it for someone falling short of WP to keep their status up but that's pretty tenuous. More importantly though, who is the bod who earned 30 million QF points last year?!!
Someone who routes $30m of business expenses through it. Can you pay your business taxes through credit card? As routing $30m through a single card a feet.
Old Feb 12, 2019, 11:29 pm

Programs: Qantas
Yes you can pay the ATO with an AMEX but it earns fewer points. Using reward pay gives full points but they charge 2.4% +gst. $20 million dollar spend to make 30 million Qantas points is the best you're going to get or 60 million to the ATO for the same points. No Visa or Mastercard can offer high point earn rates with no cap due to the interchange laws.

I chase credit card points but don't think the card would be worth it. The Qantas platinum card will give you 100k sign up and 2500 less points per month but only cost $300 a year.

Regards,

Michael
Old Feb 14, 2019, 12:17 am

Programs: QF WP; VA Gold
Originally Posted by DML
More importantly though, who is the bod who earned 30 million QF points last year?!!
Firstly it wasn't me. I am not sure it would be too hard in the right circumstances but I wonder what you would do with that many points!

My business is small, we do have 4 heavy travellers including myself each taking 50-100 sectors each year. We travel about 80% on QF due to superior scheduling. All flights are purchased via a business AMEX that offers triple points of QF spend plus 1.25 on other spend excluding utilities. All the points flow to our Qantas Business Rewards accounts plus the QBR account earns some points for each flight taken by the team in addition to the travellers personal points earn.

I receive the benefit of all the AMEX earn points plus the QBR points plus my personal earn points from flying plus any other points I earn from a private QF linked card for personal expenditure and any other auxillary spend.

I receive about 5-700k points per year from this.

A privately held large organisation could easily target earning to a single member many times what I do if they wanted to make the effort.

I do not target spend on utilities or all the minor small deals on either an AMEX or a Visa/Mastercard linked card offer but there would be plenty of upside to allow a huge earning potential if one could be bothered.
Old Feb 14, 2019, 11:22 am

Programs: BA GGL; SK EBG; QF LTG; Hilton Diamond, A-Club Platinum, Marriott Platinum
I think the 10% off could make it interesting to some. Take the couple who travel twice a year in business class on QF even sale fares around 5-8k that is at least a saving of 2k a year. Or the family that travels once a year in premium is around 12k (4 pax, 2*2 discount) all in so recoups the $1200. That said, I am usually buying on price and find QF expensive and going with JL, CX or QR.

(I think the Amex platinum is better value with unlimited priority pass, travel credits, hotel status, and the airline program tipping it over the line)
Old Feb 15, 2019, 11:01 pm
Hyatt 10+ BadgeFour Seasons 5+ Badge

Programs: QF WP (OWE), VA PLAT, EY GLD, SPG PLAT, Hyatt DIA, Hilton DIA, Hertz PC
If you book direct and can save $1,200 using the discount and gain the extra 20% SCs then it may be worth it.

Oddly, to get the discount it says you need to use the 'Concierge' which is a put off.
DML likes this.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.