QF Double status promotion

Old Feb 12, 2019, 4:55 pm
Original Poster

Programs: Qantas FF, Virgin Velocity
QF Double status promotion

Does anyone have any idea when the next Qantas Double Status Credits promotion will be? Previous postings have said its usually in the first quarter...I'm keen to book this years flights.
Old Feb 12, 2019, 5:19 pm
Senior Moderator and Moderator: American AAdvantage & TravelBuzz

Programs: AA EXP, Marriott Titanium
Welcome to FlyerTalk, thbguy!

As FlyerTalk is divided into different sections for car rental programs, airlines, hotels, destinations, etc., we will move this query over to the Qantas forum for further discussion. Thanks. /JY1024, TravelBuzz moderator
Old Feb 12, 2019, 7:29 pm
og
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: QF WP/LTG | UA P
Those who know won’t post the (insider) information. Every other comment is only an unsubstantiated guess.
eminere likes this.
Old Feb 12, 2019, 8:39 pm

Programs: QF WP
Usually about 3 days after you’ve just booked a bunch of flights I think 😉
DML, ps107, paolo64 and 6 others like this.
Old Feb 12, 2019, 9:43 pm

Programs: NZ
I am waiting for this too, but I am happy to wait as it means I don't have to shell out the money now! As long they do it by the end of June....
Old Feb 13, 2019, 1:11 am

Programs: QF Emerald. SQ Gold.
it's probably not until the current sales are over from marketing prospective.

1) global sale (mid Jan to ended 31 Jan) - to entice people to buy for global trips which are planned in advance
2) australia sale (1Feb start, endded 11 Feb) - to entice ppl who couldn't afford to travel far to plan their local trip
3) companion sale(11feb-16feb) to entice those who missed out above, as part of Valentines gift, to entice couple to discuss travel during valentines

so AFTER ALL the above attempts to coerce err... entice people to buy for those who wanted to travel anyways, will DSC come... personally all my travels are unneccessary travel. I won't be buying unless for DSC, so if they don't do it i just won't buy/fly >> i guess i am the very minor segment of market they don't really target.
Old Feb 13, 2019, 2:01 am

Programs: UA1K, QF Plat, *A & Marriot Gold, OW Emerald, Hyatt Hertz PC CanPass Nexus APEC Global Entry
My year end date is July 31 and there always seems to be a DSC sale within a few weeks
Old Feb 13, 2019, 9:52 pm

Programs: NZ
Last year there were three double SC promotion periods:

1. 1-5 February 2018
2. 9-14 August 2018
3. 11-16 October 2018

There was also one double points promotion 1-5 March 2018.

Of course this gives no real indication as to what will happen in 2019.
Jimmie Jet likes this.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.