Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Qantas | Frequent Flyer
Reload this Page >

A380 Redesign- Upper Deck Economy Still Bookable

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Feb 10, 2019, 9:10 pm
Original Poster

Qantas' A380's are due to begin reconfiguration the second quarter of this year, whereby the Upper Deck economy section will be eliminated. I was able to snag seats in the Economy Upper Deck, Row 32, for November flights to and from the US, as the website still shows the older configuration. From past experience,what would happen to my seats if the plane is changed? Or does the showing of this seat map mean my plane likely won't be subject to reconfiguration until after my flight dates?

Thanks!
Old Feb 10, 2019, 11:19 pm

Originally Posted by latke
Qantas' A380's are due to begin reconfiguration the second quarter of this year, whereby the Upper Deck economy section will be eliminated. I was able to snag seats in the Economy Upper Deck, Row 32, for November flights to and from the US, as the website still shows the older configuration. From past experience,what would happen to my seats if the plane is changed? Or does the showing of this seat map mean my plane likely won't be subject to reconfiguration until after my flight dates?

Thanks!
November is ages off. A plane swap can happen right up to the gate. You will get economy seats downstairs.
BSBtraveller likes this.
Old Feb 11, 2019, 1:01 am

Programs: QF Gold LTG (ow Saph), HHon Silver, Marriot Gold
And by November I'd think you still have a better chance of not getting a refurb.
Old Feb 11, 2019, 6:34 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by moa999
And by November I'd think you still have a better chance of not getting a refurb.
Thanks- I have the bulkhead so I guess my main concern is losing that great legroom seat. I guess it's a risk worth taking.
Old Feb 11, 2019, 8:25 am

Programs: AA Gold. UA Silver, Marriott Gold, Hilton Diamond, Hyatt (Lifetime Diamond downgraded to Explorist)
Keep checking your booking regularly so if they do scheduling a plane swap you're not assigned to a far less favorable seat.

Thanks- I have the bulkhead so I guess my main concern is losing that great legroom seat. I guess it's a risk worth taking.
Old Feb 12, 2019, 3:12 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: former Olympic Airways Gold (yeah - still proud of that!)

Thanks!
If the plane is changed you could end up with seats anywhere in the main deck. I'd be securing preferred sats on the lower deck now if the legroom or bulkhead is important.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.