Best 1st class suite on 380?

Old Feb 11, 19, 12:12 am

Originally Posted by SFO777 View Post
There are actually well over 20 of them. FWIW, my personal ranking which takes into account inflight hard and soft products, service, amenities (like wifi) as well as ground services such as lounges and personalized services.

1. Air France
2. Garuda Indonesia
3. Emirates
4. Qatar
5. Lufthansa
6. Cathay Pacific
7. Singapore
8. Swiss
9. Etihad
10. ANA
11. JAL
12. Korean
13. Malaysia
14. Thai
15. Asiana
16. Qantas
17. American
18. British
19. Air China
20. United (recently mercifully discontinued)
I agree with most of the above with the exception of Malaysia and Thai. Thai particularly is running tired 744's and the crew can be hit and miss. The F lounge in BKK is also nothing special with the exception of the 1hr oil massages. Malaysian just rebranded its First Class to Business Suite, but they have never been the same since the two aircraft crashes and subsequent cut-backs. I'd put QF in 12th place on your list.
Old Feb 11, 19, 12:45 am

Programs: QF
Originally Posted by riced View Post
Thai particularly is running tired 744's and the crew can be hit and miss.
TG has F on their A380s which aren't "tired" and I believe some of the B744s also have the refreshed suite-style F product?
Old Feb 11, 19, 1:09 am
THR

Originally Posted by SFO777 View Post
You did say service and food. Still, I'd be hard pressed to think they are in the top 15 of service and food. Even AA has better food.
Evidently, it varies. We found QF's to be superior to SQ and EY, as I said.
Old Feb 11, 19, 1:39 am

Originally Posted by eminere View Post
TG has F on their A380s which aren't "tired" and I believe some of the B744s also have the refreshed suite-style F product?
Maybe grubby is a better word. Similar to BA, I feel the upkeep of their seats, bin/panels, general cleanliness is not great-at least not compared to the others higher up on the list. Same for Thai lounges, the J ones in Bangkok are woeful. F is really nothing special either.
Old Feb 16, 19, 5:30 am
2019 FlyerTalk Awards

Programs: BA GOLD/OWE BA Amex Prem Plus Tesco Airmiles Qantas Bronze IHG SPG Eithad
1A is a great seat also, infact all the seats are good, but the A side is better as you are not bothered with the middle seats as they use the K side to get out
Old Feb 16, 19, 10:14 pm

Programs: RFC
From a grand total of 3 flights in F on the QF A380 I'd actually say that 2A or 4A are better. I flew 3A twice and 1A once. The A aisle is definitely quieter, but everyone and their dog flies in 3A and both times I flew it the seat was broken in some manner or another. 4A and 2A didn't have anything wrong in them when I switched to them. The food was nothing special IMO and the service was excellent on one flight and just average (as in perfectly fine, but nothing to write home about) on the other two.