Per - syd - akl

Old Jan 27, 19, 7:01 am
Ger
Original Poster

Programs: QF
Per - syd - akl

I have the above trip in a couple of weeks and wondered if our bags would be checked through and what is the international lounge like? We have about 2.5 hours in SYD to enjoy/relax.
Old Jan 27, 19, 8:08 am

Your bags will get checked through.

What is your status and/or class of service, as SYD has both a J and a F lounge at SYD. The F lounge being the better of the two.
Old Jan 27, 19, 8:17 am
Ger
Original Poster

Thanks for the quick response I’m just a mere QF Pub member these days
Old Jan 27, 19, 10:51 pm
Original Member

Location: Portland OR Double Emerald (QF and AA), DL PM/MM, Starwood Plat
The SYD J lounge is slightly better than QP so you will feel right at home. Some of the newer J lounges are better and eventually SYD J lounge will also be refurbished. You can compare it t the PER J lounge, the usual ranking is PER > SYD > AKL these days.
Ger likes this.
Old Jan 27, 19, 11:16 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by number_6 View Post
The SYD J lounge is slightly better than QP so you will feel right at home. Some of the newer J lounges are better and eventually SYD J lounge will also be refurbished. You can compare it to the PER J lounge, the usual ranking is PER > SYD > AKL these days.
As Ger is leaving from SYD T1 they will not be using the domestic T3 QF club or T3 J lounge.
As post 2, the business lounge or first lounge are available depending on class of travel & status. No QF club lounge at T1
Old Jan 28, 19, 12:48 am
Ger
Original Poster

Thanks again for all the responses. What’s the AKL lounge like?
Old Jan 28, 19, 2:44 am
Moderator, CoronaVirus and Hilton Honors

Programs: some
Originally Posted by Ger View Post
Thanks again for all the responses. What’s the AKL lounge like?
A bit tired and due for refurbishment (and will lose F lounge ). But no access for you on arrival.
Ger likes this.
Old Jan 30, 19, 7:06 am

Programs: Now back at base level for these 2:QFF-now NB, Virgin-Velocity-NR
Even though you have 2.5hrs, the QF bus from near gate 15/16 of QF T3 can take quite a while to get to T1, sometimes it will wait for the bus to fill.
At the base of T1, be prepared to go up the stairs, a run would be good.
I live in ADL and have done several linked flights via SYD - AKL, with some very tight connections via SYD, and at that time had J class travel, and did not use the QF J lounge in SYD as my connection time was 1hr55mins, arr SYD T3 at 16.00 to get to T3 by 17.45.
SYD - WLG several times, SYD - CHC several times.
T3 bus pick up zone will be in the dom secure zone, but will drop you off at T1 at ground level, in the open zone, so you will have to through immi at T1.
Ideally, if you can, I would see about getting a bit of an earlier flight from PER - SYD, on paper 2.5hrs sounds doable, and meets MCT but its quite a tight connection.
Bit O/T, if you were doing PER - MEL - AKL, then 2.5hrs would be a great connetion time.
Ger likes this.

Last edited by AustralianPoochie; Jan 30, 19 at 7:12 am
Old Feb 13, 19, 3:23 am
Ger
Original Poster

Just thought I would update everyone on how things went.

The whole process was much easier and quicker than I thought it would be, and probably took about 45 minutes which gave us plenty of time to relax in the lounge.
shuuy, DH188, BD1959 and 1 others like this.

Search this Thread
Search Engine: