Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Qantas | Frequent Flyer
Reload this Page >

Possible to rebook cancelled QF flight to JQ?

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Jan 13, 2019, 4:28 pm
Original Poster

Programs: American AAdvantage

Last month (12/15), my original itinerary returning home was HBA-SYD (QF1582 in Y) and SYD-DFW (QF7 in W). The evening before, my domestic flight was cancelled and I was rebooked via MEL (QF1012 & QF430). My initial 5+ hour layover/padding in Sydney dwindled down to 75 minutes When I called Qantas, the agent reassured me 75 minutes is sufficient. It was not and I got to experience the fun of connecting in SFO.

Could I have insisted the agent rebook me on JQ718? I would have had 3+ hours in case the flight experienced delays which it did not. In Melbourne, I was talking a fellow passenger who mentioned Qantas is very reluctant to rebook passengers on Jetstar flights.
Old Jan 13, 2019, 6:03 pm
Original Member

Location: Portland OR Double Emerald (QF and AA), DL PM/MM, Starwood Plat
JQ ontime record is pretty poor compared to QF, plus transfer at SYD from JQ terminal ts harder/takes longer. I'd pick 75 min QF/QF connection over 180 min JQ/QF. Guessing this may be why QF agents are reluctant, the revenue stays in QF group so no financial motivation. The are just trying to improve customer satisfaction
Old Jan 13, 2019, 8:31 pm

Programs: QF LTG, SQ EGTP, Bonvoy LTG
Did you ask for/did they offer QF 1010 flight out of HBA at 06:00? I guess you were out of luck for the trip.

Originally Posted by number_6
JQ ontime record is pretty poor compared to QF
Specifically, JQ718 doesn't seem too bad .... https://flightaware.com/live/flight/JST718/history

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.