Community
Wiki Posts
Search

"Sale" vs "Saver" for OWE

Search this Thread

Old Jan 13, 2019, 3:52 am
Original Poster

Programs: UA 1MM/*G. DL Gold for one more year.
"Sale" vs "Saver" for OWE

I'm OWE with AA, and looking to book a roundtrip from HKG to SYD, and QF's website is offering one "Sale" fare, and one "Saver" fare. They both earn QF miles (albeit at different rates) and allow checked bags — but "Sale" has a charge for reserving a seat. Unfortunately, the website does not specify the actual booking class for each of these fares — would somebody be able to tell me so I can check the AA earnings table? Also, if I booked "Sale", would the seat reservation charge be waived for me as OWE, and would I have full OWE lounge privileges and luggage allowance?
Old Jan 13, 2019, 4:24 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

You would get luggage allowance and be able to select normal seats for no charge. There would be a charge for extra legroom seats ( such as exit rows )

As far as AA earning goes, it will depend on the booking class that the sale fare books into. Perhaps phone Qantas and check before booking
Old Jan 13, 2019, 5:36 am
Original Poster

Programs: UA 1MM/*G. DL Gold for one more year.
Thank you very much!
Old Jan 13, 2019, 6:01 am

Programs: Qantas Platinum
This is a bit out of left field, but if I want to know the likely booking class when booking a Qantas flight on the Qantas website, I head to the American Express website first and do a dummy booking through their flight booking portal. You do not need a Amex card to do this.
Passmethesickbag and serfty like this.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.