Search

17th Annual AGM: BNE Sat 23 Feb 2019

Search this Thread

Old Feb 2, 2019, 5:59 pm

I'll be there!
Old Feb 6, 2019, 12:27 am
Original Poster

Location: Brisbane (BNE), Australia, QF/VA Forums Meeting Organiser
Programs: VA Plat, QF Gold (97.4% LTG), QP Life, AA (66% LTG). HH Diamond. Amex Plat, Visa Plat
Originally Posted by Gary
@QF_WP Sounds like a plan
Wonder if I will have any issues getting into the QF lounge if I am not holding a boarding pass for a Saturday flight? Someone might have to accompany me as a +1 as I'm a Brisbane local
Any volunteers? Happy to provide my mobile # via private message if I can sponge off someone.
In the early days, we organised it using Platinum and members flying, but these days your name will be at the door (if you happen to come up via the main entrance to the greeters at the QC pods). Don't go to the Business Lounge greeters. I put together a spreadsheet for QF so will be asking for real names next week.

Most of us come through the Qantas Club/Gold/Plat access so bypass the long security lines.
Old Feb 7, 2019, 9:53 pm

Programs: QF Platinum (OW Emerald), PC Platinum, HH Gold
Silver-Gold tinge. It will all depend on how far I progress in the club knockout. Qualifying round tomorrow.
Old Feb 13, 2019, 9:03 pm

Programs: QF LTG, Velocity FF Red, HH Diamond, PC Platinum Ambassador, UA Nothing
Originally Posted by Itsalongwaydown
Gold X 1. (Working on it.)
It's down to Bronze for me. It seems that my Grandson's 18th birthday party is more important.
Old Feb 13, 2019, 10:48 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: ►QFWP/LTG►VA WP►HyattExpl.►HiltonGold►ALL Silver
Originally Posted by Itsalongwaydown
It's down to Bronze for me. It seems that my Grandson's 18th birthday party is more important.
Why? He'd be old enough ...
Old Feb 13, 2019, 11:30 pm

Programs: QF WP
Sadly i’m back to bronze as well- my weekend in Brisbane has been replaced by a whirlwind tour of Darwin and Alice springs

another date later in the year?
Old Feb 13, 2019, 11:49 pm

Programs: QFF Platinum
Now booked. Arrive 23/2 QF614 @ 12:20, Dep 23/2 QF635 @ 18:10
Old Feb 14, 2019, 9:44 pm

Programs: QF WP, HH DIA
Please add me to the list as Platinum. I will also bring a friend who is a very keen flyer. Thanks.
Old Feb 17, 2019, 5:12 pm
Original Poster

Programs: VA Plat, QF Gold (97.4% LTG), QP Life, AA (66% LTG). HH Diamond. Amex Plat, Visa Plat
Okay, updated to here and GPH messaged me to say he is locked out of FT at the moment (password issues), so he is in, as is ALH.

Also had email from Lounge Manager:

"It’s great to hear from you again, just touching base in regards to your request to again host Flyertalk in the Brisbane Qantas Lounge.

We currently close the Qantas Club from around 3pm and welcome our Club members in the Business Lounge when the operation is quiet. We could still to host the group in the Qantas Club however the buffet and bar would not be operational from approximately 3pm. As an alternative food and beverage offering we could offer a provision of tray arounds and drinks.Please let me know whether this would suit and also if you could provide a list of names as per previous years of who will be attending at least the day prior. I can then ensure the group are hosted to the right area of the Lounge."

I'll update the listing with QF status, but I think that we should be able to access the Business Lounge and be respectful for other QB members, won't we
serfty and nancypants like this.

Last edited by QF WP; Feb 18, 2019 at 11:30 pm
Old Feb 17, 2019, 6:31 pm
Original Poster

Whilst I know everybody on the Platinum and Gold lists, if the members on the Silver list - @QPProletarian @daver4 and @Gary) upgrade to Platinum by Thursday, I'll need them to PM me their real names, so they can go on the list (I'll check yo see if I can ascertain their QF status). @jojen, can you also do the same for your friend

Can everybody please advise if I have your present situation incorrect:

Platinum
1. QF WP - Silver, non travelling
6. og - Platinum, travelling
7. serfty - Platinum, travelling
8. doug_westcott - Platinum, travelling
10. BundyBear - Gold, non-travelling
11. tuapekastar - Platinum, travelling
13. samh004 - ??, non-travelling
16. KiwiFlyer - Platinum, travelling
19. anat0l - Platinum, non-travelling
21. Storyteller - Platinum One, non-travelling
22. Princess fiona - Platinum One, travelling
29. stark - ??, non-travelling
31. jojen - Platinum, non-travelling
32. jojen friend - ??, non-travelling
33. GPH - Platinum, non-travelling

Gold
24. FlashKiwi - Gold, non-travelling
25. beardoc - Platinum, travelling

Silver
14. QPProletarian - Platinum, non-travelling
15. davem4 - Gold, travelling
20. Gary - Platinum, non-travelling
27. MrsBurrill - ??, non-travelling
30. JohnK - Platinum, non-travelling

Last edited by QF WP; Feb 17, 2019 at 6:59 pm
Old Feb 17, 2019, 6:58 pm

Programs: QF Platinum (LTS), VA nothing, DL Skymiles
HI QF WP,
Not sure why I've been downgraded to Silver (am a LTS), but current status is Platinum.
I am BNE based and will make my own way to the lounge (without boarding pass).

Cheers,
20. Gary
Old Feb 17, 2019, 8:19 pm
Original Poster

@Gary, neither of your previous posts confirmed attendance.

But I'll take it from your post above that you are indeed now confirmed as a Platinum attendee and I'll move you up the ranks

You'll wonder why you never attended. It's always a great afternoon.The tricks learnt from some members...
Gary and nancypants like this.
Old Feb 19, 2019, 12:05 am
Original Poster

Okay, final confirmation from the QC Manager received:"It’s not a problem to host you in the Qantas Club. Look forward to receiving the name list and we can certainly provide a few snacks to go along with your drinks."

So it looks like we'll be in the empty QC and they'll supply the services (trays of nibbles and drinks).

Now, I need to supply a spreadsheet of your real names to the Qantas Club Manager, so I have put together all the ones that I know and am just looking at final confirmation (coming or not) from everybody who is Gold or Silver attendees before Thursday 11am (BNE).

Paging @QPProletarian @daver4 and @Gary and @jojen (for your friends details).
Old Feb 19, 2019, 3:22 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: ►QFWP/LTG►VA WP►HyattExpl.►HiltonGold►ALL Silver
Is anyone around Saturday evening which may he interested in a post AGM dinner?
Old Feb 19, 2019, 4:08 am
Original Poster

As I understand, Princess Fiona will be staying Sat night. Most others interstate attendees are flying home after the event. There might be a couple of locals that might be dragged out for a drink/dinner. I'm still yet to ask for (and receive) a leave pass.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.