Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Qantas | Frequent Flyer
Reload this Page >

New Qantas Points store in Mel terminal 1

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Feb 19, 2019, 12:59 am
Original Poster

Programs: UA1K, QF Plat, *A & Marriot Gold, OW Emerald, Hyatt Hertz PC CanPass Nexus APEC Global Entry

Today was the grand opening of the Qantas Store , very cool, you can buy all kinds of stuff with your points right there.

They were doing a dyson hair drying deal where you could get a free blow dry from 8am to 7pm

Old Feb 19, 2019, 1:15 am
Moderator: Asiana & Qantas Frequent Flyer
Aman Contributor Badge

Programs: QF Lifetime SG, LH HON, OZ Lifetime Diamond +, HH Diamond, Marriott Lifetime Platinum
Sounds a bit like the Lufthansa Miles & More shops in FRA and MUC. Still surprised how many people are using points for non flight products.
Old Feb 19, 2019, 2:25 am
og
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: QF WP/LTG | UA P
Originally Posted by DownUnderFlyer
Sounds a bit like the Lufthansa Miles & More shops in FRA and MUC. Still surprised how many people are using points for non flight products.
They’ve probably given up getting a handfull of F tickets for the family’s trip of a life time.
Old Feb 19, 2019, 2:37 am

Programs: British Airways Gold
Is it points only or can you also spend cash?
Old Feb 19, 2019, 3:16 am

Programs: QF LTS WP, Avis Pres Club, HH Diam.
Originally Posted by DownUnderFlyer
Sometimes it's all you can do with the points.

After the 'blockade' of Qatar by the neighbors it became easier for me to get a new iPad from EY points than try for convoluted itineraries through Oman or Jordan to use EY flights.
Old Feb 19, 2019, 5:11 am
Original Poster

Programs: UA1K, QF Plat, *A & Marriot Gold, OW Emerald, Hyatt Hertz PC CanPass Nexus APEC Global Entry
Originally Posted by ajeleonard
Is it points only or can you also spend cash?
you can do cash, points or cash and points

there were heaps of noise cancel headsets, sun glasses, socks , ties, blue tooth speakers, luggage

a lot of stuff if you needed it was handy to get at the airport

they also had coffee making machines , hopefully to buy on your way home and not take as carry on
Old Feb 19, 2019, 4:28 pm

Programs: QF LTG, SQ EGTP, Bonvoy LTG
But do they have toasters?
mattm199 likes this.
Old Feb 19, 2019, 4:28 pm

Programs: QF LTG, SQ EGTP, Bonvoy LTG
Duplicate. Deleted.
Old Feb 19, 2019, 5:44 pm
og
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: QF WP/LTG | UA P
Originally Posted by lokijuh
But do they have toasters?
Steak knives ( suppose that depends on where security is ) ..
Old Feb 25, 2019, 6:04 am

Originally Posted by Jimmie Jet
a lot of stuff if you needed it was handy to get at the airport

they also had coffee making machines , hopefully to buy on your way home and not take as carry on
I always chuckle a bit at the CX inflight duty free catalogue. There always seems to be something bizarre like a fireplace or lawnmower or fridge/freezer just in case you're ever contemplating buying one while you're traveling. I assume they deliver...
Old Feb 25, 2019, 1:49 pm

Programs: QF WP LTG, HHonors Diamond, NZ Gold
Originally Posted by ps107
I always chuckle a bit at the CX inflight duty free catalogue. There always seems to be something bizarre like a fireplace or lawnmower or fridge/freezer just in case you're ever contemplating buying one while you're traveling. I assume they deliver...
You have to order in advance to ensure that they load the fridge-freezers; meals are served first. Fireplaces can only be carried as hold-cargo; lawnmowers - well that'd be just plane-silly ....

Regards,

BD
ps107 likes this.
Old Feb 28, 2019, 2:58 am
Hvr

Programs: QF LTG:
Paid a visit today having travelled and if you visit the shop and get your Qantas FF Card scanned you will get 100 points.

Every little bit helps.

The store is airside at the top of the concourse leading to gates 1 onwards. Basically the lower numbered gates.
serfty likes this.
Old Feb 28, 2019, 4:58 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Mucci. Nothing else matters.
Originally Posted by Hvr
Paid a visit today having travelled and if you visit the shop and get your Qantas FF Card scanned you will get 100 points.
That's the kind of shop I like: a shop that pays you for visiting, not the other way around.

Handy for resetting an 18-month clock, if this promotion continues! Thanks for the tip.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.