Wiki Posts
Search

Qantas Lounge LAX Access with Guests

Search this Thread

Old Jan 10, 2019, 9:06 am
Original Poster

Programs: AA PPRO
Qantas Lounge LAX Access with Guests

Hi, traveling on Qantas next week for biz and will be with others who may or may not have status. We are all flying economy.

My understanding is that a guest can accompany me to the lounge, my question is if they need to be tied to the same record locator or if they can just walk in with me as long as they have a boarding pass? I am only sapphire if it matters.

Thx
Old Jan 10, 2019, 9:07 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA EXP 2MM, SK EBS
Originally Posted by Les Anderson
Hi, traveling on Qantas next week for biz and will be with others who may or may not have status. We are all flying economy.

My understanding is that a guest can accompany me to the lounge, my question is if they need to be tied to the same record locator or if they can just walk in with me as long as they have a boarding pass? I am only sapphire if it matters.

Thx
Oneworld lounge access in general does not require that the guest be on the same PNR.
Les Anderson likes this.
Old Jan 10, 2019, 9:44 am

Programs: AA EXP, Marriott Bonvoy titanium
I’ve taken co workers not on my pnr into one worlds lounges as a one world emerald. No issues
Les Anderson likes this.
Old Jan 10, 2019, 10:08 am
Senior Moderator and Moderator: American AAdvantage & TravelBuzz

Programs: AA EXP, Marriott Titanium
Originally Posted by Les Anderson

Thx
As others have mentioned, they don’t have to be flying on your same PNR. The only requirement is as follows:

https://www.oneworld.com/ffp/lounge-access

Emerald and Sapphire members may invite one guest to join them in the lounge. The guest must also be travelling on a flight operated and marketed by a oneworld carrier.
(Bolding is mine.)
Les Anderson and nancypants like this.
Old Jan 11, 2019, 6:35 am
Original Poster

Programs: AA PPRO
Thank you, I appreciate the confirmations.
Old Feb 15, 2019, 7:12 pm

Programs: AA EXP; Marriott BonVoy Titanium Elite, Marriott LT Plat.
Has the Qantas FL at LAX access changed or changing?

I just checked https://www.oneworld.com/airport-lounges?location=LAX and noticed that, well, it seems limited to just Qantas flyers. Nothing is listed under "Access" as the other OW lounges at LAX depict.

Checking Qantas.com, I see the expected admittance policy. (http://www.qantas.com/travel/airline...unge/global/en)

Last edited by Zacnlinc; Feb 15, 2019 at 7:19 pm Reason: updated post
Old Feb 15, 2019, 7:21 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by Zacnlinc
Has the Qantas FL at LAX access changed? I just checked https://www.oneworld.com/airport-lounges?location=LAX and noticed that, well, it seems limited to just Qantas flyers. Nothing is listed under "Access" as the other OW lounges at LAX depict.
The lounge finder in the revised OW web site is rubbish.
For example at SYD for T1 First lounge anyone/everyone can now enter as no restriction on class of travel or status.:- just need to be flying a OW airline. (That maybe an error? )
SYD T1 business lounge had errors but has now been fixed. For a week only people flying Qatar could enter (according to the OW web site).

A thread in the BA forum, that would be better in the Oneworld forum--->OW Lounge Finder
Zacnlinc likes this.
Old Feb 15, 2019, 7:54 pm
Moderator: American AAdvantage

Programs: AA LT Plat; HH LT Diamond, Maître-plongeur des Muccis
As the OP is flying Qantas and wishes to access a Qantas lounge, the thread is now in the Qantas | Frequent Flyer forum.

JDiver, Moderator

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.