Qantas A380 Seats 79H&J Recline?

Old Jan 5, 2019, 12:09 pm
Original Poster

Qantas A380 Seats 79H&J Recline?

Dallas - SYD and SYD - Dallas in May on the A380.
I paid for exit row seats 79H and 79J - do they fully recline? I can't find the information anywhere.

Thanks
Old Jan 6, 2019, 2:58 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: ►QFWP/LTG►VA WP►HyattExpl.►HiltonGold►ALL Silver
Welcome to FT

Yes, they fully recline in as much as they do for any other seat. It's weird combo recline with the seat sliding forward somewhat, at the same time as the back tilts.

Sadly, the 79H occupant is unlikely to get much rest as PAX frequently come down (towards the back of the craft in the dark) through the curtain located just in front therre and blunder in to 79H (& 79C for that matter).

I suggest wearing white socks and other light colored clothing to improve the chances of being seen in the dimly lit cabin.
Old Jan 7, 2019, 8:08 pm

Programs: QF
79H has a lot of disturbances, we had it in October. Like sitting in the aisle, curtain never fully closed with light shining in your face, endless foot traffic to galley, snackbar & toilets (you have to claim your footspace otherwise they walk or congregate in it). 79J is much better but no window. 80K is a best choice. Should be no extra cost on 79H, it's difficult overnight.

Last edited by blutek; Jan 9, 2019 at 3:07 pm
Old Jan 8, 2019, 12:34 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: ►QFWP/LTG►VA WP►HyattExpl.►HiltonGold►ALL Silver
The best Exit row seats (currently) are 35J&K ...

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.