Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Qantas | Frequent Flyer
Reload this Page >

Refund Error (from Online Cancellation)

Old Dec 16, 18, 6:32 pm
Original Poster

I must confess to being somewhat lazy when it comes to double checking that he cash component of refunded reward bookings are credited accurately.

However, I did notice an error on my last QF cancellation.

I cancelled this online after failing to get a call back when a first attempting the cancellation by old fashioned way - talking to premium customer service.

Anyway, the points were refunded correctly, but the cash component was only refunded for one of two passengers leaving me $300 short.

Conclusion - just because you cancel online doesn't mean that the fund will be correctly processed. Presumably there are still "human" steps in the process.

Lesson learned - always double check the refund is processed in an accurate and timely manner!
Old Dec 16, 18, 11:47 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: ►QFWP/LTG►VA WP►HyattExpl.►HiltonGold►ALL Silver
This is a known issue for multiple PAX award booking. It has happened to many people.

Strangely enough it is likely because it is an automated process with no human intervention.

You have to call to get it fixed.
Old Dec 17, 18, 12:40 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by serfty View Post
This is a known issue for multiple PAX award booking. It has happened to many people.

Strangely enough it is likely because it is an automated process with no human intervention.

You have to call to get it fixed.
Thanks.

Seems strange that QF doesn't fix a known issue if fully automated process!

Or insert a QA process to check the system if they can't fix the real problem, rather than relying on the customer to chase an under payment.

Took 90 minutes to speak to QF (see other thread) to challenge the under payment, which is why apparently simple things like this, which (1) shouldn't happen in the first place (2) are very inconvenient to fix, are a pain in the lower dorsal region...

If a known fault not only are they knowingly scamming their customers but also creating more inefficiency in their hopelessly under resourced call centre operations when customers make calls that shouldn't be needed in the first place...and now an extra wait to get the cash back...
Old Dec 17, 18, 2:38 am
og
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: QF WP/LTG | UA P
Their bean counters are probably too busy dealing with the PER bill rather than “mere” ticket refunds.
https://www.smh.com.au/business/comp...17-p50msn.html
Old Dec 17, 18, 2:59 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by og View Post
Their bean counters are probably too busy dealing with the PER bill rather than “mere” ticket refunds.
https://www.smh.com.au/business/comp...17-p50msn.html
And the minor matter of those pesky folk at the ACCC expecting legal compliance on representation of consumer rights on refunds...

https://www.accc.gov.au/media-releas...ims-on-refunds
nancypants likes this.

Search this Thread
Search Engine: