Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Qantas | Frequent Flyer
Reload this Page >

Qantas phantom availablity or what???

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Dec 6, 2018, 9:12 pm
Original Poster

Programs: Qantas, Virign

Hi all,

I've discovered a problem lately with QF availability showing on QF website. I wanna book the BKK-MEL via SIN. BKK-SIN is operated by 3K and SIN-MEL operated by QF. When searching separately, both 3K in Y and QF in F are available. But when searching BKK-MEL or using multi-city function, the QF one does not show up. Tried web chat and call QF but they said the could not see the QF available in F. Also tried BA, AA and JL search engines, and this QF flight does not show up.

Anyone had this problem before? the specific flight I'm looking at is QF36 on either 4th or 5th of July 2019. Seems like this particular seat is bookable only in standalone and cannot combine with other flight, very strange!!
Old Dec 6, 2018, 9:51 pm

Programs: QF
Married segments?
Old Dec 6, 2018, 10:23 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: TG*G, NZ*GE, QF G, Accor Gold
Originally Posted by janusjiang
Hi all,

I've discovered a problem lately with QF availability showing on QF website. I wanna book the BKK-MEL via SIN. BKK-SIN is operated by 3K and SIN-MEL operated by QF. When searching separately, both 3K in Y and QF in F are available. But when searching BKK-MEL or using multi-city function, the QF one does not show up. Tried web chat and call QF but they said the could not see the QF available in F. Also tried BA, AA and JL search engines, and this QF flight does not show up.

Anyone had this problem before? the specific flight I'm looking at is QF36 on either 4th or 5th of July 2019. Seems like this particular seat is bookable only in standalone and cannot combine with other flight, very strange!!
Looks bookable on Expedia... or are you looking at award flights?

edited. It looked bookable, but now struggling to see.... I can see a valid fare construction using ITA Matrix.
Attached Images  

Last edited by Thai-Kiwi; Dec 6, 2018 at 10:34 pm Reason: not clear if paid or award travel required
Old Dec 6, 2018, 11:17 pm
Original Poster

Programs: Qantas, Virign
Sorry that I'm not clear enough, but I'm looking to book the reward flight.
Old Dec 6, 2018, 11:25 pm
Original Member

Location: Portland OR Double Emerald (QF and AA), DL PM/MM, Starwood Plat
Try J instead of F. QF doesn't offer 3K connections to F on award tickets, ime. If you really want F, you will need to book ex-SIN separately.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.