Changing FF details on award booking

Old Nov 29, 2018, 8:37 pm
Original Poster

Programs: QF, KLM, BA
Changing FF details on award booking

Next year, I have an award booking. It's a QF (081) ticket on an EK flight, flying in J. The EK website says that if flying in J, you can get free wifi for the entire flight if you have your Skywards number included in the booking.

Is there any risk to my booking if I was to swap my QFF number with Skywards? I don't know if being an award booking makes it any less "stable" in the system, so to speak.
Old Nov 29, 2018, 9:50 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: ►QFWP/LTG►VA WP►HyattExpl.►HiltonGold►ALL Silver
@weegraeme Do you have any Qantas Status?
Old Nov 29, 2018, 9:54 pm
Original Poster

No. I don't.

It's not a big loss if I can't do it. It's just a case of seeing that on the EK website and thinking, "That'd be nice."
Old Nov 29, 2018, 10:26 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: ►QFWP/LTG►VA WP►HyattExpl.►HiltonGold►ALL Silver
ok, are you on a QF flight number (codeshare)?

QFF on QF flight number earns points and status credits

QFF on EK flight number earn just points.

Skywards on EK/QF flight number earns on Skywards.

I asked about status since any benefits beyond those of traveling in Business relate to the status of the FF number in the booking.
Old Nov 29, 2018, 10:36 pm
Original Poster

Thanks for looking out for that side of things.

It's an EK flight number. I know I won't earn points or status credits as it's an award flight. And I don't have status, so I know I won't lose anything there.

It did just occur to me that EK and QF have different PNRs for the same booking. Maybe it's just best to leave well enough alone. If I want wifi, I'll just buy it.
Old Nov 29, 2018, 11:51 pm

Programs: QF
Originally Posted by serfty
ok, are you on a QF flight number (codeshare)?

QFF on QF flight number earns points and status credits

QFF on EK flight number earn just points.

Skywards on EK/QF flight number earns on Skywards.

I asked about status since any benefits beyond those of traveling in Business relate to the status of the FF number in the booking.
The OP has mentioned it is an award booking, so no points or SC to be earned.
Old Nov 30, 2018, 1:26 am
Original Member

Location: Portland OR Double Emerald (QF and AA), DL PM/MM, Starwood Plat
There is no risk in changing from QFF to EK plan in the booking, this has no effect on the PNR or the ticket as issued. It may affect whether it shows on qantas.com web site and you may have to locate it using the PNR number, rather than automatically showing under QF "my trips". There is no significance to it disappearing, the booking is still there just needs to be displayed explicitly. Free wifi is a nice benefit but I don't know if EK provides it for award flights (probably so, as they do for their other benefits like chauffeur drive).
Old Nov 30, 2018, 3:02 am

Programs: QF LTS WP, Avis Pres Club, HH Diam.
I have taken an EK flight booked as a QF award with QFF points and then put my EK number into the booking to take advantage of the free wifi, it works with no problem at all.

Just go into MMB on EK and enter your EK number.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.