Accompanying Someone to Qantas Club

Old Oct 23, 18, 3:52 am
Original Poster

Programs: Qantas Gold FF
Accompanying Someone to Qantas Club

I'm sure this is a hard no these days but want to check in case it's possible. I'm QF Gold, my brother (no status) is flying QF out of BNE domestic at Christmas. Any chance I can use the priority entry with him and then take him into the Qantas Club?
Old Oct 23, 18, 4:14 am
Original Member

Location: Portland OR Double Emerald (QF and AA), DL PM/MM, Starwood Plat
All you need is a boarding pass
Old Oct 23, 18, 1:20 pm

Programs: Qantas FF Platinum, United Premier 1K, HSBC Premier
Iíve never had an issue with taking a +1 through priority check in, security, lounge and boarding with me, even if theyíre flying on a different booking. I imagine itís the same for FF gold, you just +1 them through whatever privileges FF gold gets you.
Old Oct 23, 18, 1:45 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: ►QFWP/LTG►VA WP►HyattExpl.►HiltonGold►ALL Silver
Originally Posted by QueEff View Post
I'm sure this is a hard no these days but want to check in case it's possible. I'm QF Gold, my brother (no status) is flying QF out of BNE domestic at Christmas. Any chance I can use the priority entry with him and then take him into the Qantas Club?
Are you flying QF/Jetstar/oneworld that same day?
Old Oct 23, 18, 4:00 pm

If you're not flying you can use the priority entrance and reach the entrance to the lounge by showing your FF card. You will probably (both) be refused entry to the lounge itself, although it may not harm to smile sweetly and try your luck.
Old Oct 23, 18, 6:25 pm

Programs: QF WP LTG,OW Emerald
A bit OT but I think the fact that when WP anytime access was canned because some were using the lounge as a free pub (which it was) that QF missed the opportunity by not allowing it with a guest that was flying. I always booked my visitors with QF so I could take them to the lounge when I took them to the airport but now I just book them on what ever carrier is going (within reason).
Old Oct 23, 18, 7:56 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Originally Posted by Lucky_man View Post
A bit OT but I think the fact that when WP anytime access was canned because some were using the lounge as a free pub (which it was) that QF missed the opportunity by not allowing it with a guest that was flying. I always booked my visitors with QF so I could take them to the lounge when I took them to the airport but now I just book them on what ever carrier is going (within reason).
Using it when just taking someone to the airport is till coming under using it as a free pub though isn't it. Not sure how knowing someone that is travelling , really changes it
Old Oct 24, 18, 6:08 am

Programs: Qantas
Originally Posted by secondsoprano View Post
If you're not flying you can use the priority entrance and reach the entrance to the lounge by showing your FF card. You will probably (both) be refused entry to the lounge itself, although it may not harm to smile sweetly and try your luck.
This makes no sense at all.

There is no second lounge entry to the Qantas Club when coming through the priority entry (which is the whole point). Once you enter, youíre in. (There is a second entry point to the Business lounge).

If you show a FF card for entry they may scan it, and youíll be refused entry without an eligible flight booked. If they donít, youíre in and there is no way for them to let you through but refuse lounge access.
Old Oct 24, 18, 9:00 am
Original Poster

Programs: Qantas Gold FF
Sorry I should have made it clearer that I'm not flying that day.

Originally Posted by justinbrett View Post

There is no second lounge entry to the Qantas Club when coming through the priority entry (which is the whole point). Once you enter, youíre in. (There is a second entry point to the Business lounge).

Hmm is that right? I've only used that priority entrance at BNE domestic once, I've forgotten what happens after security! Interesting.

Totally get that they wouldn't want non flyers hanging around the lounge and boozing! I wonder if they'd be more willing to wave us through if they knew neither of us drink!

Will probably give it a miss to save hassle all round.
Old Oct 26, 18, 7:36 pm

Programs: Qantas, Virgin
Originally Posted by QueEff View Post
Hmm is that right? I've only used that priority entrance at BNE domestic once, I've forgotten what happens after security! Interesting.

Totally get that they wouldn't want non flyers hanging around the lounge and boozing! I wonder if they'd be more willing to wave us through if they knew neither of us drink!

Will probably give it a miss to save hassle all round.
In Brisbane, Qantas has a "premium lounge entry" which is a separate screening area that leads directly to the lounges. Eligibility for lounge access is checked before the security screening.

Search this Thread
Search Engine: