FlyerTalk Forums

FlyerTalk Forums (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/index.php)
-   Qantas | Frequent Flyer (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/qantas-frequent-flyer-498/)
-   -   Yet another double SC offer from QF (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/qantas-frequent-flyer/1934980-yet-another-double-sc-offer-qf.html)

DML Oct 11, 2018 12:19 am

Yet another double SC offer from QF

https://www.qantas.com/au/en/frequen...pen-oct18.html
The third this year! These offers must be working out well for QF but I wonder about the potential effect on lounge capacity, reward availability etc. of creating more upper tier travellers?

og Oct 11, 2018 4:12 am

Hmmm. Only good for about 8 months to 30/6/2019 whereas previous DSC offers ran nearly a full year. Speculating that something must be happening to QF FF early in the new financial year (after 1/7/2019).

littlegreenman Oct 11, 2018 7:13 am

Brilliant, thanks @DML. Killing time in the PER J lounge, might as well book a couple of J trips BNE LHR for February and make use of the double SC.

Platy Oct 11, 2018 1:58 pm

Originally Posted by littlegreenman (Post 30303300)
Brilliant, thanks @DML. Killing time in the PER J lounge, might as well book a couple of J trips BNE LHR for February and make use of the double SC.

Be sure to book the QF metal (not QF codeshare on EK)...

m0hamed Oct 11, 2018 6:17 pm

And as I have noticed, they tend to do a Companion fare offer around 3 weeks after a DSC offer with much better fares.

SYD-DFW in F return now for one is $14k. Companion or sale fare is $10k.

surfergold Oct 22, 2018 1:47 pm

Originally Posted by Platy (Post 30304756)
Be sure to book the QF metal (not QF codeshare on EK)...

Booking Qantas QF code share at Qantas using EK flights (metal)during double SC’s offer period will I understand still reward double SC’s ?

serfty Oct 22, 2018 1:57 pm

Originally Posted by surfergold (Post 30343962)

Booking Qantas QF code share at Qantas using EK flights (metal)during double SC’s offer period will I understand still reward double SC’s ?

Not recently. Most DC offers these days have required QF*QF.

The terms and conditions have been explicit on this.

surfergold Oct 22, 2018 2:16 pm

The tickets bought are QF tickets so my understanding is that as long as they have QF on them then they qualify double SC,s as the conditions of the offer state?

serfty Oct 22, 2018 2:53 pm

Originally Posted by surfergold (Post 30344073)
The tickets bought are QF tickets so my understanding is that as long as they have QF on them then they qualify double SC,s as the conditions of the offer state?

Here are the terms and conditions of the most recent offer with relevant parts highlighted in red: (Double Status Credits Offer | Qantas Frequent Flyer)

How to earn double Status Credits
  • Simply log in below and register for this offer (all passengers in each booking must register separately to earn double Status Credits).
  • Book an eligible Qantas operated domestic or international flight with a QF flight number*between 11 October and 16 October 2018, for travel between 23 October 2018 and 30 June 2019.
  • Don't forget to include your Qantas Frequent Flyer membership number in your booking to ensure you earn double Status Credits.
  • Once registered, you can make unlimited bookings to earn double Status Credits during the promotion.
  • Bonus Status Credits will be credited to your account up to six weeks after travel.
* This offer is valid when you register and make a new booking on an Eligible Flight between 12.01am (AEDT) 11 October 2018 and 11.59pm (AEDT) 16 October 2018 and travel between 23 October 2018 and 30 June 2019. An Eligible Flight for the purpose of this promotion means any Domestic or International Qantas operated with a QF flight number on your ticket where Status Credits are normally earned. ...

m0hamed Oct 22, 2018 3:32 pm

As Serfty says above. You used to be able to get away with just the QF flight number on the first few DSC offers, but now it has to be QF metal.

Platy Oct 23, 2018 2:06 pm

Originally Posted by surfergold (Post 30344073)

As Serfty has kindly clarified with reference to the applicable T&Cs, Qantas fight number and Qantas metal are both required for this particular promotion.

IIRC some other previous promotions featuring 50% extra credits have included code shares (QF flight number on non QF metal). Forget the EK metal until one of these reappears!

surfergold Oct 24, 2018 1:47 pm

Before I phone up and cancel the trip is there any advice on doing this I would still do the trip if there was DC’s

shillard Oct 25, 2018 6:52 am

Originally Posted by m0hamed (Post 30344345)
As Serfty says above. You used to be able to get away with just the QF flight number on the first few DSC offers, but now it has to be QF metal.

I know, SAD!

The first one of these I ever received was just after 9/11 - double points and status credits ran for months, I was doing multiple SYD-LAX runs in J and all of my whY AA flights also counted. I racked up over 3,500 SCs in that year, sent my mother in-law to Italy in J and the (then newly minted) Mrs Shillard and I to Fiji in J on points earned in that window. Good times...

Looks like there are some anomalies in their systems there though - the SYD-SIN flight I took on Monday just posted "Double Status Credits Promotion" SCs. Now I got the travel agent to put a booking in during the window of the previous promotion, but the flight was changed after the window closed.

I'm part-way through NTL-SYD-SIN-DEL(SQ)-CMB-SIN-BNE-NTL, so I'm REALLY hoping that the rest of this trip scores the double SCs...

BTW: Off-topic, but the Shangri-La in Delhi is a decent pub,

serfty Oct 25, 2018 1:29 pm

Originally Posted by shillard (Post 30354292)
... Now I got the travel agent to put a booking in during the window of the previous promotion, but the flight was changed after the window closed. ...

It has been noted on several fora that the PNR creation date can be very important in SC bonus promotions, moreso than ticketing or revalidation date.

shillard Oct 26, 2018 4:22 am

Originally Posted by serfty (Post 30355848)
It has been noted on several fora that the PNR creation date can be very important in SC bonus promotions, moreso than ticketing or revalidation date.

Good to know!

Thanks.