Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Qantas | Frequent Flyer
Reload this Page >

Huge fare difference to HNL - QF website vs other sites

Huge fare difference to HNL - QF website vs other sites

Old Oct 10, 2018, 2:12 pm
Original Poster

oops double post
Old Oct 10, 2018, 2:13 pm
Original Poster

Thanks, again.

@ Dave Noble

I havent booked yet, but willing to try Expedia or other respected site.

(FWIW I am distracted by the lure of the alternative destination of Tahiti. There appear to be TN reward seats on the new 787 from AKL to PPT return bookable through either AA or QF and the Conrad Bora Bora is wide open on HH points (saving $6k-$10k over the Hawaii option) through end March 2019. QF even has LAX-PPT for 50k points (AA is 80k) raising the option of a circuit SYD-HNL-LAX-PPT-AKL-SYD whilst risking the pre-April weather in Tahiti. Money saved on airfares could even be re-invested in the Four Seasons Bora Bora (on the Visa Prestige 4 for 3 deal) or saved for another trip!).

(Im also tying to prioritise using the 90k Avios, which I bought for about $500 through the Iberia promotion, now transferred to BA, and similarly my former Star now 540k odd Marriott points before the Marriott reward chart hives off the upper reward tiers for properties like the St Regis Maldives, Gritti Palace Venice, etc., so have one eye one or two other trips).

@ henrus

Generally, Id agree with your observation were sitting on Gold in both the QF and VA programs (frustratingly enough credits for VA Platinum but not enough flights).

@ littlegreenman

Thanks, yes, I cross check on ITA Matrix and Google Flights.

Thanks for your best wishes Ive created a monster by flying Mrs Platy in premium on various points: she took to EK and SQ F like a duck to water on our honeymoon (CNS-HKG-DXB-SEZ-PRA-SEZ-DXB-MXP/VCE-LCY/LHR-SIN-MEL-BNE-CNS)!

@ ozflygirl747

Thats good advice on the baggage allowances. Usually we travel light cabin bag only but its good to know such things. I discovered the benefits last year of flying directly into JHM (West Maui) thus avoiding the traffic on the OGG to Lahaina route and then back to HNL from LNY after a day or two at the FS.

My two trips to Hawaii in 2017 included sectors on the HA A330, which was comfortable enough. IIRC in 2016 I flew the QF Mk 1 Skybeds on their A330. It would be fun to go on the 747 with the Mk 2 Skybeds. Some varied memories of trips to HNL on those 767s (once with Alice Cooper on board, another time a passenger went rogue and had to be restrained mid-flight...).

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.