Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Qantas | Frequent Flyer
Reload this Page >

Qantas codeshare flights with Alaska Airlines

Old Oct 3, 18, 5:33 pm
Original Poster

Programs: Qantas Platinum

Hi all,

I am travelling QF73 SYD-SFO in J in mid Nov followed by QF3787 SFO-SEA (AS metal - AS1341). I am travelling on a discount business fare.

My question is - will I receive Qantas status credits for the SFO-SEA flight? I am sure the correct answer is staring me in the face on the Qantas website but I am failing to see it.

Thanks

Becky
Old Oct 3, 18, 7:05 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by Becky1 View Post
I am travelling QF73 SYD-SFO in J in mid Nov followed by QF3787 SFO-SEA (AS metal - AS1341). I am travelling on a discount business fare.

My question is - will I receive Qantas status credits for the SFO-SEA flight? I am sure the correct answer is staring me in the face on the Qantas website but I am failing to see it.
I would say yes, as QF marketed & partner operated. But is complicated.

https://www.qantas.com/fflyer/dyn/fl...rtner-airlines
https://www.qantas.com/au/en/frequen...earning-points
Book a Qantas flight number for more rewards

Did you know that Qantas offers a 'QF' flight number+ (codeshare) on selected Alaska Airlines flights? So when you fly to one of the many destinations that Alaska Airlines flies to, where possible choose to book on a Qantas (QF) flight number+ to maximise the amount of Qantas Points and Status Credits you'll earn on eligible flights*.
<snip>
(Foot note)
* Qantas Points and Status Credits (where applicable) are earned on Eligible Flights with a Qantas or applicable oneworld® Alliance Airline or Airline Partner flight number on your ticket. Qantas Points and Status Credits may not be earned on some fare types and booking classes. For full details see the Qantas Frequent Flyer program Terms and Conditions and Airline Earning Tables.
Eligible flights---->https://www.qantas.com/au/en/frequen...ligibleflights

https://www.qantas.com/fflyer/dyn/fl...-earning-table

https://www.qantas.com/fflyer/do/dyn...alPointsEarned
Old Oct 4, 18, 12:29 am
Original Member

Location: Portland OR Double Emerald (QF and AA), DL PM/MM, Starwood Plat
Most discount business fares on QF codeshares on AS earn full status credits, but there are a couple that do not earn any so it all depends on your precise fare basis. Also QF used to include AS club access and free drinks in the club, not sure if AS has a lounge at SFO though (they do in SEA for your return trip).
Old Oct 7, 18, 5:23 pm

Programs: AA, AS Gold 75K, BA, QF, SQ, Marriott Platinum Premiere
Originally Posted by number_6 View Post
Most discount business fares on QF codeshares on AS earn full status credits, but there are a couple that do not earn any so it all depends on your precise fare basis. Also QF used to include AS club access and free drinks in the club, not sure if AS has a lounge at SFO though (they do in SEA for your return trip).
There is no Alaska Lounge (formerly Board Room) in SFO. There is an AA Admirals Club in T2 but unless you have an AC Membership or One World access you won't be able to use the AC in SFO if connecting to AS. AS & AA have a reciprocal Lounge agreement but SFO is specifically excluded.

James
Old Oct 11, 18, 1:45 pm

Programs: Qantas
Originally Posted by Flying for Fun View Post
There is no Alaska Lounge (formerly Board Room) in SFO. There is an AA Admirals Club in T2 but unless you have an AC Membership or One World access you won't be able to use the AC in SFO if connecting to AS. AS & AA have a reciprocal Lounge agreement but SFO is specifically excluded.

James
The AC won’t allow entry to oneworld members travelling on AS metal even if flying on a AA or QF code. I was in this exact situation at SFO a few weeks ago.
Old Oct 13, 18, 6:44 pm

I am booking QA from LAX-MEL-LAX. We use AS from SEA-LAX-SEA, but overnight in LAX prior to the QA flight. Will never trust QA with our baggage transfer again!!! I am writing to ask if I book my own choice of AS and then next day connect to QA is there a codeshare for this?
Old Oct 13, 18, 7:53 pm
og
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: QF WP/LTG | UA P
Originally Posted by alpenrose View Post
I am booking QA from LAX-MEL-LAX. We use AS from SEA-LAX-SEA, but overnight in LAX prior to the QA flight. Will never trust QA with our baggage transfer again!!! I am writing to ask if I book my own choice of AS and then next day connect to QA is there a codeshare for this?
You’ll have a big problem if bags are successfully tagged QA. Qantas is QF.
Old Oct 13, 18, 8:26 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by alpenrose View Post
Assuming you mean Qantas not Qatar ....

If you want to book 2 separate tickets then you cannout book it on a codeshare

If you did book it as a through ticket , it is AS that would be dealing with baggage transfer to Qantas