Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Qantas/Jetstar NRT Lounge Access

Search this Thread

Old Mar 16, 2015, 5:27 am
Original Poster

Qantas/Jetstar NRT Lounge Access

On the 8th of April Jetstar moves to Terminal 3 in NRT which leads me to ask will they (Jetstar) build a lounge in T3 just like they had in OOL

Cause I am guessing their is no more QF Lounge even for those booked on JQ Business Max Fares

It also leads me to ask if QF will possibly close the QF NRT business lounge due to the fact JQ is no longer going to be in T2 and the 747 to SYD is gone (to HND) and their is only one A330 flight to BNE left.

Any insight into what QF will do at NRT would be great
Old Mar 23, 2015, 12:09 am

Programs: QF WP
NRT T3 is a LCC terminal that doesn't even have aerobridges, from what I have been told. A lounge is definitely not on the cards. There's simply no lounge access at NRT for JQ pax from 8 April.

In T2, I would think that QF will maintain its lounge, as it's used by a few partners.
Old Mar 23, 2015, 1:19 am

Programs: QFF
Originally Posted by Awesom Andy
In T2, I would think that QF will maintain its lounge, as it's used by a few partners.
Who else uses the QF NRT lounge? Don't all the other oneworld members either have their own lounges or use the JL lounges?
Old Mar 23, 2015, 1:31 am

Programs: Qantas, Hilton, IHG
Originally Posted by Himeno
Who else uses the QF NRT lounge? Don't all the other oneworld members either have their own lounges or use the JL lounges?
Currently it's at least QF, JQ, KL, MH and AY (so I have read!).
Old Mar 23, 2015, 3:48 am
og
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: QF WP/LTG | UA P
Well this is indeed news to me. I have never seen signage to the QF lounge at NRT (nor have sought it out). I've just gone to the JL (F) lounge. Its usually been almost empty. Its good for the drinks and the sushi (when the sushi guys are actually there). Its unfortunate that foreigners seem intent on yelling into their cell phones when the locals are quite discrete and respect others' presence.
Old Mar 23, 2015, 5:40 am

Originally Posted by og
Well this is indeed news to me. I have never seen signage to the QF lounge at NRT
It's in the T2 Satellite building, just at the end of the bridge from the main terminal. Very easy to miss it, sort of blends into the wall.
Not much in there. Feels like a bunker.
The NRT AA lounge is better...
Old Mar 23, 2015, 7:04 pm
Moderator: British Airways Executive Club

Programs: Battleaxe Alliance
Originally Posted by og
Its unfortunate that foreigners seem intent on yelling into their cell phones when the locals are quite discrete and respect others' presence.
Sadly I agree, despite there being 'no mobile phone' signs everywhere. They should enforce it.

Anyway, JQ passengers only had access ro the QF lounge at NRT without much being there, so it is not a huge loss to lose lounge access.
Old Mar 23, 2015, 10:11 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: ►QFWP/LTG►VA WP►HyattExpl.►HiltonGold►ALL Silver
Originally Posted by LTN Phobia
Sadly I agree, despite there being 'no mobile phone' signs everywhere. They should enforce it.

Anyway, JQ passengers only had access ro the QF lounge at NRT without much being there, so it is not a huge loss to lose lounge access.
And only on International flights out of NRT.

Note that JQ have been proactively contacting PAX booked out of NRT on MAX fares (i.e. Lounge access included) and offering reduced fares.

See here from Australian Frequent Flyer:
Originally Posted by phill84
Just got a 'phone message from Jetstar's booking (overseas call centre with low paid slightly nervous with their limited English operators) office to say no more access to Qantas business lounges for Jetstar business max customers from some date in April!! Do I want a partial refund to a base business fare or a full refund?? Bummer!! Rather look foreward to the Q business lounge. Also got a confusingly different quote for applicable status credits. Told her I'd think about it; the flights' not 'till Oct. anyway (mel-tokyo/narita) Any one else? Am I the first?
Old Mar 24, 2015, 5:22 am

Wow, I've never been to a true QFi lounge where it's not a loss not to visit it at all. Must be awful.
Old Mar 25, 2015, 3:26 pm

Originally Posted by Austman
Wow, I've never been to a true QFi lounge where it's not a loss not to visit it at all. Must be awful.
Believe me, it's not awful by any means but NRT QF lounge is on a seriously boring side in terms of catering and environment. It's not like the F at SYD/MEL.

Having said that I don't consider it much of a loss not to visit BNE QFi lounge either.
Old Mar 25, 2015, 6:15 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: ►QFWP/LTG►VA WP►HyattExpl.►HiltonGold►ALL Silver
Believe me, it's not awful by any means but NRT QF lounge is on a seriously boring side in terms of catering and environment. It's not like the F at SYD/MEL. ...
The lounge itself is some years old, and indeed better than those QF business lounges at BNE international and AKL.

I would readily use it if I had not had access to the JAL lounges at NRT.
Old Mar 25, 2015, 11:28 pm

Originally Posted by serfty
The lounge itself is some years old, and indeed better than those QF business lounges at BNE international and AKL.

I would readily use it if I had not had access to the JAL lounges at NRT.
I prefer the AKL one but not the BNE one, inc the F section - that is almost like a cubicle size, with not much in it as you probably know, to the NRT one.

I guess my view is that it's not one of those lounges that I feel particularly bothered about visiting. I only ever used it when I was flying JQi though, as I'd normally be at one if the JL F lounges.
Old Mar 26, 2015, 3:17 am

Programs: QF
We use the Sakura lounge when on QF.

but will be in NRT T3 next Feb

Last edited by blutek; Oct 29, 2015 at 5:19 am
Old Mar 26, 2015, 4:20 am

Fine to use any OW lounge you want.

But how does that help JQ pax in T3?
Old Mar 26, 2015, 5:10 am

Believe me, it's not awful by any means but NRT QF lounge is on a seriously boring side in terms of catering and environment. It's not like the F at SYD/MEL.
The QF NRT lounge isn't even as good as the old CBR Qantas Club lounge.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.