MEL-AKL QF151 Check-In problems

Old Oct 3, 18, 3:25 am
Original Poster

Programs: AY+ Gold
MEL-AKL QF151 Check-In problems

Hi

For some reason QF online check-in says I have to check-in at airport well Iím here now (18.00) way too early for many reasn and I tryed to check-in for my flight at QF desk and I was told to come back at 20.15. Is this true? Why canít QF check me in earlyer and take my checked bagds early? I know some airlines accept checked luggage even previus day at their hubs. I know check-in desk open 3h befor flight at small outstations, but this is weird at home hub...
Old Oct 3, 18, 3:32 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by Sorte View Post
For some reason QF online check-in says I have to check-in at airport well I’m here now (18.00) way too early for many reason and I tried to check-in for my flight at QF desk and I was told to come back at 20.15. Is this true? Why can’t QF check me in earlier and take my checked bags early? I know some airlines accept checked luggage even previous day at their hubs. I know check-in desk open 3h before flight at small outstations, but this is weird at home hub...
Maybe a document check. 3hrs before is normal.

You may be able to go the QF domestic lounge as AY gold (OW sapphire) [calling serfty to the lounge front desk!]
A boarding pass not needed to go through domestic security.

And the home base of Air Sydney (some times known as Qantas) is Sydney. Something almost every QF ff & pax knows. For example they sell you flights via SYD when there are other options to transit.
Old Oct 3, 18, 4:10 am
Original Poster

Programs: AY+ Gold
Thanks. I guess I had too high expectations of QF operation here on MEL limited service hub/outstation 🤪.
Old Oct 3, 18, 4:11 am
og
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: QF WP/LTG | UA P
Originally Posted by Mwenenzi View Post
....And the home base of Air Sydney (some times known as Qantas) is Sydney. Something almost every QF ff & pax knows. For example they sell you flights via SYD when there are other options to transit.
Its hardly Air Sydney anymore - especially with their 789 fleet completely avoiding SYD (for the time being ....)
nancypants likes this.
Old Oct 3, 18, 3:12 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: ►QFWP/LTG►VA WP►HyattExpl.►HiltonGold►ALL Silver
Yes, the MEL T1 Domestic lounge should have been available.
Old Oct 4, 18, 1:22 am
Original Member

Location: Portland OR Double Emerald (QF and AA), DL PM/MM, Starwood Plat
Too bad you aren't AY Platinum, then you could have used the F check-in which has always taken my bag even if too early to check-in (I think they process it manually later). Many airports no longer allow early baggage check-in for security reasons, inconvenient but not just a QF restriction. This can vary with the security alert level, so can change day to day sometimes. Very annoying but these days you must plan on not being able to drop bags more than 3 hours prior to departure time. At MEL there is a left luggage service in the international terminal (for a fee), you could have used that and then gone to the fine QF lounge in the domestic terminal as no BP is required for domestic airside access.

Search this Thread
Search Engine: