No more hot towels in Biz?

Old Oct 26, 2018, 8:24 pm

Programs: QF Plat & LTG, VA Plat
Towels twice on HND-SYD upstairs last week, although they weren’t exactly hot, just wet really.

Weirdly there was a tray of them in the toilet for most of the flight 🤷.♂️
Old Nov 2, 2018, 9:06 pm

Programs: QF Platinum (LTG), OW Emerald, Accor Platinum; Hyatt Explorist.
Its clear On Qantas it depends on the willingness or laziness of the crew on board. Mostly the cabin managers responsibility. Although they are usually too busy schmoozing talking alcohol related topics with premium pax.
shillard likes this.
Old Nov 4, 2018, 6:36 pm

No hot towels on 4 Nov's QF2 SIN-SYD service.
Old Nov 4, 2018, 9:00 pm

Programs: QF Platinum (LTG), OW Emerald, Accor Platinum; Hyatt Explorist.
They are not hot towels; they are lukewarm(at best) dripping mostly, frayed off-cut rags. Thats if Qantas feels like handing them out on your flight....Russian roulette. Now Emirates and Qatar for example, hand out face flannel quality towels in comparison.

Last edited by Cedar Jet; Nov 5, 2018 at 2:42 am
Old Nov 4, 2018, 10:04 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA Exp|VA Platinum
No hot towels SYD-DFW and one hot towel just before landing SFO-SYD. The service on the SFO-SYD flight was pretty ordinary all round. Being woken up three hours out of SYD to have breakfast "then you can go back to sleep" . I remember why I stopped flying QF.
kiwifrequentflyer likes this.
Old Nov 5, 2018, 2:36 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: ►QFWP/LTG►VA WP►HyattExpl.►HiltonGold►ALL Silver
Originally Posted by bensyd
... one hot towel just before landing SFO-SYD. The service on the SFO-SYD flight was pretty ordinary all round. Being woken up three hours out of SYD to have breakfast "then you can go back to sleep" . I remember why I stopped flying QF.
Certainly there have been reports the the FA heading home out of SFO can often be rather 'tired' from their layover with a corresponding drop in service levels.
shillard likes this.
Old Nov 5, 2018, 4:27 pm
og
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

Programs: QF WP/LTG | UA P
Originally Posted by serfty
Certainly there have been reports the the FA heading home out of SFO can often be rather 'tired' from their layover with a corresponding drop in service levels.
That’s a very kind way to say “shattered” and “elimination” of competent service.
Old Nov 5, 2018, 7:28 pm

Programs: QF Plat+ LTG/ OW Emerald, VA Plat, NZ Gold, HH Diamond, Hyatt Whatsit. Taxation is theft.
I've done SYD-LAX return 3 times in the past 3 years:

1 on QF Premium whY
1 on QF J
1 on AA J

The AA flight was, bizarrely, the best in terms of service & food...

The QF Premium came second. SAD!
Old Nov 5, 2018, 7:56 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA Exp|VA Platinum
Which is unacceptable. Being woken up to eat breakfast in the middle of the night because it suited the FA is a precipitous drop in service levels for an airline that tries to dress itself up as being world class.

Originally Posted by shillard
I've done SYD-LAX return 3 times in the past 3 years:

1 on QF Premium whY
1 on QF J
1 on AA J

The AA flight was, bizarrely, the best in terms of service & food...

The QF Premium came second. SAD!
AA has been my go to since they started flying to SYD. They've got a great seat with wifi, and while the food may not be blessed by a ponytail it's filling and tasty enough. The A380 crews are usually better on QF than the ageing 747 crews, but the QF hard product is about ten years out of date now.
Old Nov 5, 2018, 9:42 pm

Programs: Air NZ Elite
Prior to flying Qantas home from LAX I had flown Air NZ and VA exclusively and had excellent service. They all leave at the same times. Why are the Qantas crew so shattered compared to the other carriers? Do they have a shorter layover?
Old Nov 12, 2018, 5:12 am

Programs: AA EXP
Flew three Qantas segments this past week, only got a towel on the shorter segment

PEK-SYD, none
SYD-AKL, towel
SYD-PEK, none
Old Nov 13, 2018, 4:48 pm

Programs: SQ*PPS, QF-WP1 & LTG, VA-Gold, Marriott*LTT, Hilton*Gold, Accor*Platinum
SQ on SFO-HKG (SIN) I had received 6 hot towels:
  • Pre-take-off
  • Pre-first meal
  • Post first-meal
  • Mid-flight
  • Pre-second meal
  • Post second-meal

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.