Community
Wiki Posts
Search

No more hot towels in Biz?

Search this Thread

Old Oct 5, 2018, 12:02 pm

The hot towels were useful for me to wipe down an often dirty IFE screen, remote, and sometimes greasy window.
aztimm and justin_krusty like this.
Old Oct 5, 2018, 6:37 pm

Programs: QF LTG, VASG, NZ*S, OZD, IHG SpireAMB, HHD
Originally Posted by poopbunny
The hot towels were useful for me to wipe down an often dirty IFE screen, remote, and sometimes greasy window.
And the tray table!
poopbunny likes this.
Old Oct 7, 2018, 1:33 am

Programs: SQ*PPS, QF-WP1 & LTG, VA-Gold, Marriott*LTT, Hilton*Gold, Accor*Platinum
Versus SQ (where you would get ~4-6 towels on a Australia-SIN flight), I think on Qantas I would get between 0 and 1 (ex-SIN, BKK, CGK). Come to think of it - get lukewarm towels to/from AKL than Asia... weird.
Old Oct 10, 2018, 4:04 am

2x J flights no towel in sight.

There were remnants of some food sauce on the IFE screen. After much waiting it became evident that there were to be no hot towels. I began harvesting whatever little moisture I could, from the condensation on the glass of my cold beverage with the paper serviette to wipe the screen.

Looks like in the future I would need to bring my own single use paper towelette. Year's ago, I remember some airlines give them free in economy.
Old Oct 10, 2018, 4:52 am
og
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

Programs: QF WP/LTG | UA P
2x J flights no towel in sight......
Which sectors?
Old Oct 10, 2018, 5:48 am

Originally Posted by og

which sectors?
per - syd - akl
Old Oct 10, 2018, 7:41 am

Programs: QF LTG, SQ EGTP, Bonvoy LTG
Year's ago, I remember some airlines give them free in economy.
SQ still hands out hot towels prior to departure in the economy cabin, and it’s subsidiary SilkAir hands out single use paper towels in sachets. MH and EK also hands out the sachets in economy (used to do hot towels), and IIRC TG hand out hot paper towels.
Old Oct 10, 2018, 7:12 pm

Programs: QF Plat (Life Gold), SQ PPS
Originally Posted by whughes3
Flew QF29 MEL-HKG in J today and we were given hot towels once only, not long before landing. A big contrast with SQ who just about drown you in the things!
Flew the return HKG-MEL on QF30 two days ago and again got only one towel shortly before arrival.
Old Oct 11, 2018, 12:24 am
DML

Programs: QF Plat, VA Plat, HHonors Diamond
Wow - I just flew VN in Y and yet still got 2 x hot towels on the flight from MEL-SGN
Old Oct 13, 2018, 3:25 am

Programs: QFF
They offered hot towels in W on QF25 and QF26 last week (Thurs 4 outbound, Mon 8 inbound).
I'm in J on QF25 this coming Tuesday.
Old Oct 21, 2018, 9:28 pm

Programs: Qantas Gold, BA Blue, Thai Silver
I recently did Sydney to Haneda (Tokyo) return in W. Outbound had 2 x hot towels, inbound 1 hot towel before breakfast.
Old Oct 21, 2018, 11:01 pm

Programs: Air NZ Elite
I recently flew LAX to Brisbane and was surprised to not receive a hot towel at any point in the flight, yet received it going over there...
Old Oct 23, 2018, 3:59 pm

Programs: SQ*PPS, QF-WP1 & LTG, VA-Gold, Marriott*LTT, Hilton*Gold, Accor*Platinum
VA on SYD-PER gives hot towels at start and end of flight...
Old Oct 25, 2018, 6:29 pm
Moderator: American AAdvantage, Travel Safety/Security & Texas, FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA, HHonors, Hertz
Even in F (despite great service otherwise), no hot towels at all for the SYD-DFW flight.

There were some sort of cloth towels in the F lounge restroom at SYD, but they were mostly worthless. I needed at least 2, if not 3, of them to dry my hands. There are plenty of cloth-like paper towels that could be used. I think CX had some nice paper towels in The Pier at HKG.
Old Oct 25, 2018, 10:55 pm

Programs: Qf Platinum
No towels yesterday on QF23.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.