Community
Wiki Posts
Search

747 to the desert

Search this Thread

Old Sep 28, 2018, 3:32 pm
Original Poster

747 to the desert

Hello, I just read that on Sept. 26th one of the 747s made its last flight from BNE to LAX and off to the desert. In November I am flying this route and previously posted about the aircraft change to a 747 (Nov. 24th) that seemed odd. This appears to be the only day the 74 is flying this route in the weeks before or after. It is now a 787 route.

Just checking to see if there are any Qantas insiders here who would have an educated guess if it will be a retirement flight.

Is so, it would be interesting (and a bit sad).

Thanks
Old Sep 28, 2018, 3:52 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by Lrob
Hello, I just read that on Sept. 26th one of the 747s made its last flight from BNE to LAX and off to the desert.
Withdrawn QANTAS B747-400 VH-OJT Positions to Mojave Storage. | The QANTAS Source

http://australianaviation.com.au/201...h-ojt-retired/

https://www.airfleets.net/flottecie/...ctive-b747.htm
Old Sep 29, 2018, 7:06 am
Original Poster

Thank you. The Qantas Souce website is very interesting.

Old Oct 1, 2018, 9:15 pm

Programs: QF
Originally Posted by Lrob
Hello, I just read that on Sept. 26th one of the 747s made its last flight from BNE to LAX and off to the desert. In November I am flying this route and previously posted about the aircraft change to a 747 (Nov. 24th) that seemed odd. This appears to be the only day the 74 is flying this route in the weeks before or after. It is now a 787 route.

Just checking to see if there are any Qantas insiders here who would have an educated guess if it will be a retirement flight.

Is so, it would be interesting (and a bit sad).

Thanks
As per the second article in Mwenezi's post by Australian Aviation, the last commercial flight for VH-OJT was QF55 BNE/LAX on Sat 22 Sep. The QF55 is an additional flight in the late afternoon on Thursdays and Saturdays until the end of the year which is operated by a 744.

This is in addition to the daily am QF15 BNE/LAX service which has been operated by the 789 effective Sat 01 Sep 2018.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.