Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Qantas | Frequent Flyer
Reload this Page >

Booking Spa Treatments at SYD F Lounge

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Booking Spa Treatments at SYD F Lounge

Search this Thread

Old Sep 21, 2018, 10:10 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by lincoln boy
I could not find SYD F lounge access related thread so I am asking the experts here.
I am planning a trip SYD-MEL-SIN. SYD-MEL is in business class and MEL-SIN is QF F. All on the same day. Do I get to use SYD Qantas F lounge?

Qantas website states: Next onward flight that day must be a Qantas marketed flight (QF flight number).

My MEL-SIN is QF First class and SYD-MEL and MEL-SIN are on the same day.
No. SYD-MEL is a domestic flight, from T3, so no access to the international T1 terminal lounges. T1 lounge access only for international departures. And they are about 4km apart.

Information here--->Airport info SYDNEY (SYD) - amenities, transfers, transport

Last edited by Mwenenzi; Sep 21, 2018 at 10:24 pm Reason: added "T3"
Old Sep 21, 2018, 10:14 pm
Hyatt 10+ BadgeFour Seasons 5+ Badge

Programs: QF WP (OWE), VA PLAT, EY GLD, SPG PLAT, Hyatt DIA, Hilton DIA, Hertz PC
Originally Posted by lincoln boy
I could not find SYD F lounge access related thread so I am asking the experts here.
I am planning a trip SYD-MEL-SIN. SYD-MEL is in business class and MEL-SIN is QF F. All on the same day. Do I get to use SYD Qantas F lounge?

Qantas website states: Next onward flight that day must be a Qantas marketed flight (QF flight number).

My MEL-SIN is QF First class and SYD-MEL and MEL-SIN are on the same day.
No. Your flight will depart from the SYD T3 which is physically a few Kms away from SYD T1. There are some JQ flights that depart from domestic but they are few and far between.
lincoln boy likes this.
Old Sep 21, 2018, 10:19 pm
og
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: QF WP/LTG | UA P
Originally Posted by m0hamed
No. Your flight will depart from the SYD T3 which is physically a few Kms away from SYD T1. There are some JQ flights that depart from domestic but they are few and far between.
And you can only use the SYD T1 F lounge when on a JQ flight if you have a QF WP (or above) card. Other OW E cards are not good enough.
Old Sep 22, 2018, 6:28 am

Originally Posted by Mwenenzi
No. SYD-MEL is a domestic flight, from T3, so no access to the international T1 terminal lounges. T1 lounge access only for international departures. And they are about 4km apart.

Information here--->Airport info SYDNEY (SYD) - amenities, transfers, transport
I appreciate your reply. Everything is crystal clear now.
Old Sep 22, 2018, 6:36 am

Programs: Qantas
You will have access to Melbourne F lounge though. You'll have QF business lounge at Sydney T3.

Regards,

Michael
lincoln boy likes this.
Old Oct 17, 2018, 2:11 am
Moderator: American AAdvantage, Travel Safety/Security & Texas, FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA, HHonors, Hertz
Originally Posted by number_6
Spot on and 2 nuances to this: 1. you must be reachable at the phone number in your booking 2.They only call QF F pax, and that excludes F pax flying on codeshare.
I had changed the phone number in my booking to my local Australian number last week. Today, I received a call from the QF first class desk, and I was able to schedule a spa treatment. Now I'm just hoping that QF7 is on time tomorrow.
serfty likes this.
Old Oct 17, 2018, 8:16 pm
THR
Original Poster

Originally Posted by number_6
They only call QF F pax, and that excludes F pax flying on codeshare.
Does this include QF flights booked with AAdvantage though? I was under the impression that, as flying Qantas F booked with AAdvantage, we would be offered...
Old Oct 17, 2018, 9:40 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: ►QFWP/LTG►VA WP►HyattExpl.►HiltonGold►ALL Silver
First PAX booked on a Qantas flight number on Qantas metal.

If it's an AAdvantage award it should make no differrence.
Old Oct 19, 2018, 6:10 pm

Programs: QFF, AA, LM, EY
Does anyone know if the spa treatment can be extended for a fee if nobody has booked the slot after ?
How much would this likely set me back ?
Old Oct 19, 2018, 6:52 pm
Four Seasons 5+ BadgeHyatt 10+ Badge

Programs: QF WP (OWE), VA PLAT, EY GLD, SPG PLAT, Hyatt DIA, Hilton DIA, Hertz PC
Originally Posted by Nizar
Does anyone know if the spa treatment can be extended for a fee if nobody has booked the slot after ?
How much would this likely set me back ?
I don't believe this is offered, though have never asked. I dare say their priority is to serve as many pax as possible.

If the slot after you is free and it's a quiet day you may be able to talk your way into a second complimentary treatment. We've had it a few times, but we have status with QF as well as being F pax.
Old Oct 20, 2018, 12:17 am

Hi guys,

This is a little off topic, but it still relates to Qantas F lounge - and I didn't want to start a new thread when this one is active.

I was wanting to confirm the access rules for the lounge. I have a reward booking from MEL - BKK next year, booked with QFF points. We fly MEL - SYD in J on a QF flight number and metal, and then we fly to BKK on EK metal, with an EK flight number in F. I was wanting to find out if we would get access to the SYD F lounge?
After reading the access eligibility on the Qantas website, it states "Next onward flight that day must be operated by Qantas or Emirates with an EK flight number." Based on that I would assume we are entitled to use the lounge?

I am assuming Emirates will want to send us to their own lounge in SYD, but after experiencing the QF F lounge in Melbourne earlier this year, we would rather spend the 2 hour layover in the QF F lounge if possible! We loved the QF F lounge in Melbourne.

Can anyone please confirm if we can access the lounge?

Thank you.
Old Oct 20, 2018, 3:27 am

Originally Posted by armurphy86
Hi guys,

This is a little off topic, but it still relates to Qantas F lounge - and I didn't want to start a new thread when this one is active.

I was wanting to confirm the access rules for the lounge. I have a reward booking from MEL - BKK next year, booked with QFF points. We fly MEL - SYD in J on a QF flight number and metal, and then we fly to BKK on EK metal, with an EK flight number in F. I was wanting to find out if we would get access to the SYD F lounge?
After reading the access eligibility on the Qantas website, it states "Next onward flight that day must be operated by Qantas or Emirates with an EK flight number." Based on that I would assume we are entitled to use the lounge?

I am assuming Emirates will want to send us to their own lounge in SYD, but after experiencing the QF F lounge in Melbourne earlier this year, we would rather spend the 2 hour layover in the QF F lounge if possible! We loved the QF F lounge in Melbourne.

Can anyone please confirm if we can access the lounge?

Thank you.
You will be able to access both the QF F and EK lounges in SYD.
Old Oct 20, 2018, 5:11 pm
Original Member

Location: Portland OR Double Emerald (QF and AA), DL PM/MM, Starwood Plat
... but after experiencing the QF F lounge in Melbourne earlier this year, we would rather spend the 2 hour layover in the QF F lounge if possible! We loved the QF F lounge in Melbourne......
Just dont expect the SYD F lounge to be as good as the MEL F lounge these days While a great lounge, SYD suffers from over-crowding for part of the day; maybe your flight falls outside of the QF flight peak hours and it will be good. In any case better than the EK lounge which has a very fine J lounge but not as good as QF F. As noted you have access under the current EK/QF agreement, we'll see when that ends.
Old Oct 20, 2018, 11:33 pm

Thank you for the answers! Looking forward to checking out the Syd F lounge. Hopefully it won’t be the busy time when we are there.
Old Oct 21, 2018, 4:15 am
og
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: QF WP/LTG | UA P
Thank you for the answers! Looking forward to checking out the Syd F lounge. Hopefully it won’t be the busy time when we are there.
Just avoid the few hours prior to the LAX, DFW and LHR flights (ie the 380s).

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.