Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Qantas | Frequent Flyer
Reload this Page >

QF Coded shared MU flight ex SYD which lounge?

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Sep 15, 2018, 2:13 am
Original Poster

Programs: CX DM, Hyatt Globalist, Hilton DM, Marriott Plat

I just used some of my QF points for an MU operated flight SYD-HGH, in business class. Does MU use the skyteam lounge or the QF lounge at SYD? Thanks
Old Sep 15, 2018, 7:42 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

If you used points to pay for the flight, it would seem that you would not be on the codeshare, but on an MU flight number

You might be better asking this in the forum for MU - being skyteam member, I would have hoped that you could use the skyteam lounge rather than the Qantas one
Old Sep 15, 2018, 9:07 am

Programs: QF Gold LTG (ow Saph), HHon Silver, Marriot Gold
If youve got status you should have access.
unsure about class of service

https://www.ausbt.com.au/qantas-opens-lounges-for-frequent-flyers-on-china-eastern
Old Sep 15, 2018, 1:29 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

From the above link it looks like MU use the QF lounge at SYD
There’s also good news for China Eastern’s own Eastern Miles members, with Eastern Miles Gold and Platinum cardholders enjoying access to Qantas international business class lounges in Australia – but not the Qantas First Lounges – prior to Qantas and China Eastern flights to Mainland China.
And https://www.skyteam.com/en/lounges/sydney/
Old Sep 15, 2018, 3:22 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Given that the Skyteam lounge is available, I wouldn't be bothering with the Qantas business lounge as an option
Old Sep 16, 2018, 5:25 am

By class of service, you have access to both the Qantas business and Skyteam lounges in SYD.
Additionally, if you hold Platinum (or higher) status with Qantas you are entitled access to the Qantas first lounge in SYD.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.