Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Qantas | Frequent Flyer
Reload this Page >

qantas to fly BNE/ORD/BNE nonstop in JV with AA approved

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

qantas to fly BNE/ORD/BNE nonstop in JV with AA approved

Search this Thread

Old Sep 18, 2018, 9:51 pm
Suspended
Original Poster

Originally Posted by ozflygirl747
I have met plenty of FTers who have used AS miles (either by accruing miles or purchasing them) to fly QF USA/OZ vv in F & J with very low taxes. It's a common misconception that you need to fly with the home carrier of the airline who your points are with.

Two of the best value award tickets I've travelled on have been on the partner airlines of US & AV where I hadn't ever flown with those airlines.
Qantas rip off fuel surcharges are not a tax !!!!

I hardly ever use QF ff pts on QF, but rather AA, AS or FJ & would never ever pay for a flight on QF.
Old Sep 18, 2018, 10:33 pm

Programs: QF
Originally Posted by southpac
Qantas rip off fuel surcharges are not a tax !!!!

I hardly ever use QF ff pts on QF, but rather AA, AS or FJ & would never ever pay for a flight on QF.
The 'taxes' I'm referring to are those charged eg by Alaskan when flying on a QF award - I'm not telling you to use QF points to fly QF so if you're not using QF points, whatever other fees, YQ surcharges, levies etc they charge is irrelevant.

Just curious as to why you're still even in the QF program if you never pay for QF tickets, sounds like you'd be much happier elsewhere?
Old Sep 18, 2018, 10:57 pm
Suspended
Original Poster

Originally Posted by ozflygirl747
The 'taxes' I'm referring to are those charged eg by Alaskan when flying on a QF award - I'm not telling you to use QF points to fly QF so if you're not using QF points, whatever other fees, YQ surcharges, levies etc they charge is irrelevant.

Just curious as to why you're still even in the QF program if you never pay for QF tickets, sounds like you'd be much happier elsewhere?
you should read above before commenting. You obviously don't understand.

Use a lot of Qantas ff pts on AA domestically in USA. ie. get cheap tix to LAX or SFO & then ff tix from there.
Old Sep 18, 2018, 11:17 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by southpac
You should read above before commenting. You obviously don't understand..
But correctly replied to your post.
You should read what is posted before commenting on something was not stated.
QF is not alone in having carrier imposed award surcharges.
Old Sep 19, 2018, 12:42 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: ►QFWP/LTG►VA WP►HyattExpl.►HiltonGold►ALL Silver
The reference to 'very low taxes' was unfortunate. I'm sure @ozflygirl747 really meant "very low additional charges" as no YQ is assessed - AIUI, AS do not assess fuel surcharges.

"Taxes" should never be inclusively referred to when describing an amount when fuel surcharges form part of that amount.
Old Sep 19, 2018, 1:57 am
og
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: QF WP/LTG | UA P
Originally Posted by serfty
"Taxes" should never be inclusively referred to when describing an amount when fuel surcharges form part of that amount.
I reckon “co-payment” is more appeopriate. This makes it clear(er) that it is a carrier charge rather than some external force.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.