Search

My Platinum News

Search this Thread

Old Sep 6, 2018, 2:08 am
Original Poster

Programs: QF WP & Life Gold, Accor Gold, HH Gold
My Platinum News

Hi All,
Just received what I can remember my first My Platinum News after being WP for a few years anyhow that all good was just interested in the following.Congratulations Top FlyerYou’re in our top 30% of Platinum flyers based on the kms you’ve travelled in the past 12 months^.This is the first time i have details like this with my kms just under 114,000 and the graph going up to 600,000 so would like some feedback on others who received on their kms and percentage.

Thanks,
D
Old Sep 6, 2018, 2:16 am
og
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: QF WP/LTG | UA P
They told me km flown but no precentage figure. Probably means I’m at the bottom of the class.
Old Sep 6, 2018, 3:42 am

Programs: QF Plat (Life Gold), SQ PPS
Originally Posted by og
They told me km flown but no precentage figure. Probably means I’m at the bottom of the class.
Ditto for me: shows 69k km flown, but no %age.
Old Sep 6, 2018, 5:07 am

Programs: QFF WP (LTG), VA SG
Mine shows 144,718kms flown, and has me in the top 20%.
I kind of question this percentage, but given most of my travel to gain WP is economy fares AU->US, there's a lot of mileage in this as opposed to someone doing, say, MEL-SYD J runs all the time.
Old Sep 6, 2018, 6:18 am

Programs: QF WP, QP Life, LT Gold, AA, DL
Mine says 153,557 km in the last 12 months...which puts me in the top 10%. 3 retirn trips to the US (in Y) in the last 8 months certainly helped, but I wouldn't want to do it again in a hurry...
Old Sep 6, 2018, 5:14 pm

Programs: Qantas
35k for me.... Probably the lowest flown just to gain WP.
Old Sep 6, 2018, 9:43 pm

Programs: QF LTG, VASG, NZ*S, OZD, IHG SpireAMB, HHD
I have never received anything like this -- is it supposed to be sent out regularly to WPs? (I have been WP since 2012.)
Old Sep 7, 2018, 12:19 am
og
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by pbl22
I have never received anything like this -- is it supposed to be sent out regularly to WPs? (I have been WP since 2012.)
First time received a couple of days ago.
Old Sep 7, 2018, 5:49 am

Programs: QF Plat (LTG)
202,707 km for me, all in Y. Top 5% of Platinum flyers.
Old Sep 7, 2018, 6:18 am

Originally Posted by pbl22
This is the first issue.
Old Sep 8, 2018, 4:42 am

Programs: QF LTS WP, Avis Pres Club, HH Diam.
28,937kms for me, no % given...

It says it's from 1 August to 31 July so doesn't match my membership year in terms of qualifying flights.
Old Sep 8, 2018, 4:46 am

Mine said some number of kilometres and/or percentage but I was so dumbstruck with receiving a "Platinum News" that I didn't take any notice of the information! :- O
Old Jan 24, 2019, 8:32 pm
og
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Wow, Olivia personally sent me the latest (2nd) Platinum News spam letter. Not sure why she bothered. She also needs to check the fine print, unless the A330s now have a First Class Cabin (my bolding below in an extract from the newsletter)

" Classic Flight Rewards are subject to availability and may change without notice. Not all flights have Classic Flight Rewards seats available, correct as at 17th January 2019, subject to change. Taxes, fees and carrier charges are payable in addition to the Qantas Points required. Status Credits and Qantas Points will not be earned on Classic Flight Rewards. For more information about Classic Flight Rewards visit qantas.com/classicflightrewards. Image: Qantas A330 aircraft First Class cabin. "
Old Jan 24, 2019, 8:45 pm

Programs: QF Gold LTG (ow Saph), HHon Silver, Marriot Gold
Must be what they refer to the front cabin on VH-EBG as
Old Jan 24, 2019, 8:59 pm

Programs: QF Plat+ LTG/ OW Emerald, VA Plat, NZ Gold, HH Diamond, Hyatt Whatsit. Taxation is theft.
Originally Posted by og
Wow, Olivia personally sent me the latest (2nd) Platinum News spam letter. Not sure why she bothered. She also needs to check the fine print, unless the A330s now have a First Class Cabin (my bolding below in an extract from the newsletter)

" Classic Flight Rewards are subject to availability and may change without notice. Not all flights have Classic Flight Rewards seats available, correct as at 17th January 2019, subject to change. Taxes, fees and carrier charges are payable in addition to the Qantas Points required. Status Credits and Qantas Points will not be earned on Classic Flight Rewards. For more information about Classic Flight Rewards visit qantas.com/classicflightrewards. Image: Qantas A330 aircraft First Class cabin. "
LOL.

Latest QF Marketing brain fart.

Remember the funny little magazine for the "top 1% of frequent flyers" - the A5-sized thing about stuff that can't ever afford?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.