Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Qantas | Frequent Flyer
Reload this Page >

What's wrong with Qantas booking site?

Old Aug 26, 2018, 8:44 am
Original Poster

I am trying to book a multi-city itinerary ut always run into problems: sometimes when selecting the flights, sometimes when I click next to complete booking I get the following error:
Please review the following items
  • An error has occurred in our central database. Please contact us for further information. (4002 - 10600)
  • We could not find fare for the requested itinerary (5685 UI)
Is that normal and what should I do?
Old Aug 26, 2018, 2:06 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

It suggests that there if no fare that exists to support your intented travel itinerary

where there isn't a fare for that journey, it is normal

Can you price it up elsewhere?

You could try phoning and see whether a sales agent can manage it
Old Sep 23, 2018, 3:23 pm
Original Poster

Hi

So I tried it on Safari. The problem happens when you change more than one of the proposed flights so I only changed the second one and then everything went smoothly. 142 less to fly one leg on Emirates seems ok. Final price was 759, which seems reasonable. There were cheaper fares on China Eastern but that would mean longer travel and no Avios. And I generally wanted to try out Qantas anyway. My itinerary looks as follows:
  • LHR-(SIN stopover)-SYD
  • SYD-BNE-SIN (BNE-SIN is on Emirates)
  • SIN-LHR.
Now: how does the Singapore stopover work: do you leave the plane, do you check in again or what happens? I am travelling in Y.
Old Sep 23, 2018, 6:44 pm

Programs: |QF Platinum|HH Gold|DL Silver|ALL Silver|
The multi-city booking on the QF website is one of it's more *problematic* features. I use it often because of my flight requirements:

- I find the flights the booking engine automatically selects tend to be more expensive and selecting other flights usually brings the overall cost down - brought the cost down 35% on my most recent booking
- The initial flights often don't actually match what you requested. No matter how specific I am about wanting an intra-Europe flight to land at LHR, the automatic selection will usually be a more expensive flight landing at LGW
- I've never noticed that changing more than one of the legs causes the error message. I tend to find that if you repeatedly search and then changing to the flights that you want, on about the third or fourth go you stop getting the error message and it takes you through to the next screen to complete the booking.

On the SIN stopover, you will deplane and wait in the gate area or pop into the lounge, although this is generally short - within 45 minutes you are usually going back through security screening at the gate for the onward flight to SYD.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.