Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Qantas | Frequent Flyer
Reload this Page >

QF F lounge @ MEL for domestic flights

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Aug 16, 2018, 10:07 am
Original Poster

Is it possible to access the QF F lounge at MEL with QF tickets to SYD?
I know that the domestic and international terminal are connected, but is it possible to walk between the airside areas?
And on a similar note, I assume there is no way how this would work at SYD, right?
Old Aug 16, 2018, 10:20 am

Programs: British Airways Gold
No, international and domestic are completely segregated airside
Old Aug 16, 2018, 11:09 am
Original Poster

Too bad, but thanks for clarifying.
Old Aug 16, 2018, 10:59 pm
Original Member

Location: Portland OR Double Emerald (QF and AA), DL PM/MM, Starwood Plat
You would need a MEL-SYD flight that departs from the international terminal, something that JQ and QF have at times, varies seasonally and typically not convenient, but definitely do-able on the right date/time.
Old Aug 17, 2018, 12:40 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: ►QFWP/LTG►VA WP►HyattExpl.►HiltonGold►ALL Silver
Originally Posted by number_6
You would need a MEL-SYD flight that departs from the international terminal, something that JQ and QF have at times, varies seasonally and typically not convenient, but definitely do-able on the right date/time.
Qantas have not done this for some years.

Jetstar still do occasionally - but (non QF) oneworld status is not useful for lounge access.
Old Aug 17, 2018, 6:17 am
Original Poster

I see. Jetstar is indeed not an option as i am not a QF OWE (I guess that much was obvious after asking such basic questions ).
Old Aug 18, 2018, 1:05 am

Programs: Now back at base level for these 2:QFF-now NB, Virgin-Velocity-NR
If you want to try it out, and have QFi F lounge access, is to book the QF10 from MEL international to PER international.
Or book a cheapie to NZ.
Unless of course that QF10 gets cancelled, rare chance, but it can happen, you will get to visit the QFi MEL F lounge.
MEL - PER in J on the QF10 is about $29xx.
But if you are QF WP/P1, you could buy a whY fare and get access to the secure zone at MEL international airport zone for cheaps.
As mentioned above, there is no way to get from T1 to T2 on the secure side without having an ASIC pass that will allow you to open locked doors.
Old Aug 19, 2018, 12:05 am

Programs: QF WP/LTG
Originally Posted by AustralianPoochie
If you want to try it out, and have QFi F lounge access, is to book the QF10 from MEL international to PER international.
Or book a cheapie to NZ.
Unless of course that QF10 gets cancelled, rare chance, but it can happen, you will get to visit the QFi MEL F lounge.
MEL - PER in J on the QF10 is about $29xx.
But if you are QF WP/P1, you could buy a whY fare and get access to the secure zone at MEL international airport zone for cheaps.
As mentioned above, there is no way to get from T1 to T2 on the secure side without having an ASIC pass that will allow you to open locked doors.
It is QF9 from MEL to PER, not QF 10.
QF 10 operates in the opposite direction, so only access to Qantas Domestic Business Lounge in PER, not the QF International First in MEL.
AustralianPoochie likes this.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.