Wiki Posts
Search

QF127/8 F

Search this Thread

Old Aug 17, 2018, 3:35 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Mucci. Nothing else matters.
Originally Posted by og
Perhaps I should have said in reply to Globaliser’s remark that there is no QF 127 and only QF117 that day. So not only is there no 380, there is no QF127. OK?[/left]
The lawyer in me did choose those words carefully. But I couldn't think of a witty retort to your observation, which is of course entirely accurate.
Old Aug 17, 2018, 5:37 am
og
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: QF WP/LTG | UA P
Originally Posted by Globaliser
The lawyer in me did choose those words carefully. But I couldn't think of a witty retort to your observation, which is of course entirely accurate.
Witty retorts are welcome except if they relate to sport or feet on tables. Otherwise I’m interested in QF127 and quite happy I’m soon booked into row 2 on the 744. Might be the last chance at sitting in the Queen’s nose - nothing quite like hearing the grinding of the nose gear during turns in taxi.
Globaliser likes this.
Old Aug 17, 2018, 7:51 pm
THR

Originally Posted by og

yes! Perhaps I should have said in reply to Globaliser’s remark that there is no QF 127 and only QF117 that day. So not only is there no 380, there is no QF127. OK?
Right. I misunderstood / misinterpreted. I’ll blame it on early morning, pre coffee.

Also looking to our first Qantas F experience later this year!
Old Aug 18, 2018, 2:43 am
og
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by THR
Right. I misunderstood / misinterpreted. I’ll blame it on early morning, pre coffee. Also looking to our first Qantas F experience later this year!
Coffee is the perfect antidote
Hope the F trip is good. Its a hard job to be modest with consumption in the SYD Flounge knowing you’ve got all day to enjoy the flight.
Old Dec 15, 2018, 8:36 pm
THR

Has anyone flown in F on this route yet (in December)?

Any details on service, menu offerings, etc?

We are due to fly next weekend.
Old Dec 17, 2018, 8:31 pm

I'm flying 128 F in January and hopefully could get into the CX F lounges instead of the QF lounge.
Old Dec 17, 2018, 9:48 pm

Programs: QF WP/LTG
Originally Posted by mini2
I'm flying 128 F in January and hopefully could get into the CX F lounges instead of the QF lounge.
There are no problems in getting into the CX Pier F lounge (or Wing F lounge) with a QF F boarding pass.
My personal preference is Pier F > QF=Pier J > Wing F.
Old Dec 18, 2018, 12:36 am

Programs: QF Platinum (LTG), OW Emerald, Accor Platinum; Hyatt Explorist.
TFR be warned....Qantas has never won any awards for its 'first' offering. Its a lay back deluxe business class offering at very best. Amenity kit is a cheap pencil case, lavs are small and less than business class quality on other premium carriers, and food is business class cafe style - but served on bigger plates. Qatar Airways business class in comparison far outshines Qantas First.
Old Dec 18, 2018, 1:13 am
THR

Who invited Debbie Downer?

But yes, generally understood. It’s still an experience: F lounge in Sydney and CX F lounge in Hong Kong.

Spa in Sydney too.

Plus it’s better than Qantas J 🙂

And it’s nice to experience new things.
Old Dec 18, 2018, 1:25 am

Programs: QF Emerald. SQ Gold.
i think very small price differential is well worth the extra SC for First. i am waiting for next DSC promotion to book F return. the hard product is superior than J even its not won any awards, entertainment on 380 is lame compared to a330 siblings but bedding is definitely a lot more spacious.
Old Dec 18, 2018, 4:00 am

Programs: QF Platinum (LTG), OW Emerald, Accor Platinum; Hyatt Explorist.
Originally Posted by fakecd
i think very small price differential is well worth the extra SC for First. i am waiting for next DSC promotion to book F return. the hard product is superior than J even its not won any awards, entertainment on 380 is lame compared to a330 siblings but bedding is definitely a lot more spacious.
And thats exactly the ONLY redeeming feature of QF F, the bed and bedding. Is that worth 18K to DFW - definitely not.
Old Dec 19, 2018, 2:12 am

Programs: Mucci; BA, LT GGL; QF, platinum; Marriott LT Titanium; Hilton Diamond
Booked on the A380 to HKG in Jan and back to SYD mid-Feb. My return to HKG mid-April is now on the B787-9 with no F.
Old Dec 19, 2018, 2:46 am
THR

Don’t follow. You fly in Jan and return in Feb. and then ‘return’ again in April?

But yes, it was clearly specified the A380 was December to March only.
Old Feb 4, 2019, 10:58 pm

Programs: OZ Diamond Plus, Marriott Gold
What do you all think are the odds that the 380 returns on SYD-HKG for 2019/2020? I want to book an award (CX to SYD, QF return) trip, and I know the announcement for 2018 came in the summer. Any insight on whether the seasonal F cabin accomplished what management wanted?
Old Feb 5, 2019, 12:21 am
og
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by SightseeMC
What do you all think are the odds that the 380 returns on SYD-HKG for 2019/2020? I want to book an award (CX to SYD, QF return) trip, and I know the announcement for 2018 came in the summer. Any insight on whether the seasonal F cabin accomplished what management wanted?
Their operations to HKG probably depends on what happens to QF’s early 380s after their “D” check. Some rumours that if remedial work is too expensive then they may have an early retirement.
SightseeMC likes this.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.