Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Qantas | Frequent Flyer
Reload this Page >

Double Status Credit bonus offer - August 2018

Old Aug 7, 18, 7:08 pm
DML
Original Poster

Programs: QF Plat, VA Plat, HHonors Diamond

https://www.australianfrequentflyer....s-august-2018/
Old Aug 7, 18, 7:10 pm

Programs: SQ*PPS, QF-WP1 & LTG, AA*EXP, VA-Plat, Marriott*LTPP, Hyatt*Globalist That's*Enough
This would have been great earlier this year. 4 months into the cycle and 2,900 SC... Still, thanks QF!
Old Aug 8, 18, 7:38 am

Programs: NZ
I am hoping they repeat this offer (as in past years) in February/March next year. The current offer is just too early for me.
Old Aug 8, 18, 4:46 pm

Programs: QF Emerald. CX Nobody
seems just loke Feb promotion, the bonus wont count towards Loyalty bonus... bugger cuz single Syd Lhr wud have requalified platty with loyalty bonus!

well i tried to book something to roll my status to May 2021 people around me told me to get a life... this IS my life! too bad most biz sale fare i can find is only for travel till next May and not June! guahhh

Last edited by fakecd; Aug 8, 18 at 5:01 pm
Old Aug 8, 18, 5:51 pm

Any good MR deals with the DSC? Going for P1 and looking to front load earn. Pretty flexible (dates/times/schedule) and can fundamentally position from anywhere in Australia. Am BNE based, currently QFF P and open to J (<$1500) or coach. Thanks!
Old Aug 8, 18, 5:57 pm

Programs: QFWP/LTG, VAWP, NZ*G, OZD, NH*G, Marriott Plat, IHG SpireAMB, HHD
Also seems like they are prohibiting my usual practice of purchasing a ton of gift vouchers for later use. All flights must be booked during the very short window, including those made by redeeming gift vouchers.
Old Aug 8, 18, 6:24 pm

Programs: QF Gold LTG (ow Saph), HHon Diamond, Marriot Gold
Let me guess.. all the good sale fares have dried up
Old Aug 8, 18, 6:44 pm

Programs: QF Plat, SQ Gold
Painful, spent about $23k worth on flex tickets in J intl and y domestic last week for travel in the next two weeks. Probably they should rename the promo - give your loyal client the finger. Five days is wayyyy too short to get any corporate travel approved and to re-schedule meetings.
Old Aug 8, 18, 7:52 pm

New to QF here. Does one have to originate in Oz to enjoy the double status credits or does it apply to any QF ticketed stock on QF flights regardless or itinerary (eg HKG-SYD QF return ticketed in HKD)?
Old Aug 8, 18, 8:12 pm

Originally Posted by baclubflyer View Post
New to QF here. Does one have to originate in Oz to enjoy the double status credits or does it apply to any QF ticketed stock on QF flights regardless or itinerary (eg HKG-SYD QF return ticketed in HKD)?
Any QF operated flight..meaning QF metal.
Old Aug 8, 18, 9:07 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by baclubflyer View Post
Forget about "ticketed", what ever that means to you
Need to be QF operated & flight number (QF marketed)
From the QF email
<snip>
This offer is valid when you register and make a new booking on an Eligible Flight between 12.01am (AEST) 9 August 2018 and 11.59pm (AEST) 14 August 2018 and travel between 21 August 2018 and 8 August 2019. An Eligible Flight for the purpose of this promotion means any Domestic or International Qantas operated flight with a QF flight number on your ticket where Status Credits are normally earned.
<snip>
(my bolding)
kirkwoodj likes this.
Old Aug 8, 18, 9:21 pm
2020 FlyerTalk Awards

Programs: UA GS 2MM, QFF Platinum, HH Diamond, HawaiianMiles
Have a bunch of itineraries teed up waiting for this, gonna be a beauty for piling up SCs
DML likes this.
Old Aug 8, 18, 10:30 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: ►QFWP/LTG►VA WP►HyattGlobalist►HiltonGold
Originally Posted by littlegreenman View Post
Painful, spent about $23k worth on flex tickets in J intl and y domestic last week for travel in the next two weeks. Probably they should rename the promo - give your loyal client the finger. Five days is wayyyy too short to get any corporate travel approved and to re-schedule meetings.
If these fares are truly flexible then (assuming bucket availability) you should be able to cancel and get a full refund.

Then just book again during the window, making sure you get different PNR's.
Old Aug 9, 18, 3:43 am

Programs: QF Plat, SQ Gold
Originally Posted by serfty View Post
If these fares are truly flexible then (assuming bucket availability) you should be able to cancel and get a full refund.

Yepp, put in the request to corporate already for permission. Let's hope they get back to me tomorrow or Monday.
Old Aug 9, 18, 6:18 pm
2020 FlyerTalk Awards

Programs: UA GS 2MM, QFF Platinum, HH Diamond, HawaiianMiles
Originally Posted by serfty View Post

I did this with the last DSC promo

Search this Thread
Search Engine: