Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Qantas | Frequent Flyer
Reload this Page >

Qantas double SC,s points event Question.

Old Jun 23, 18, 10:15 am
Original Poster

Programs: Qantas oneworld FF Gold. Saphire OW

Does anybody know when it is likely that Qantas could be holding a double points SC,s event ?
I missed the last two offers and am looking forward to booking one soon.
I did a Qantas Walkabout it was not double points but it was great fun in Feb 2017 from LHR to DXB to SYD to ARM to SYD to HBA to MEL to DRW to ASP to PER to SYD to ARM to SYD to DXB to LHR though I really only stopped in ARM HBA DRW. They where to separate tickets and the internal ARM to ARM was the walk about part. Got me lots of SC,s and ultimately Silver by a later AY flight to HKG and back.
Now I have the SC,s bug and want to double up on them with a Qantas Walk About or similar and even find that I was paying for expensive OW flights in Bussiness resulting in Gold FF.
Also in 10 th day of the new service did QF10 in Business on the 789.
Old Jun 23, 18, 4:01 pm
og
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: QF WP/LTG | UA P
It’s completely unpredictable. It may never happen again or it may happen tomorrow. It’s probably best to have some prepared itineraries so you can book then ASAP. ISTR previous offers have only been open for about 3 or 4 days. It might also be worth considering whether its all worth it.
surfergold and kirkwoodj like this.

Last edited by og; Jun 23, 18 at 4:43 pm Reason: Typo
Old Jun 23, 18, 4:49 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

If you live in UK (LHR-LGW) you should consider if the QF ffp is right for you

The airline you fly most or an airline of the country you live is the best ffp for many people. Generally you are better earning on your primary airline due to greater recognition, better service when disruptions, ability to upgrade flights and simpler to earn non flying ff miles/points. FFP's are morphing into frequent spender programs.

Edit:- surfergold's other thread on basically the same topic
Status maintain problems
surfergold likes this.

Last edited by Mwenenzi; Jun 26, 18 at 3:46 pm Reason: added link
Old Jun 23, 18, 6:11 pm
Moderator, Hilton Honors

Programs: up in the air
There is currently a double points offer for NZ residents. Limited to QF marketed flights on QF or EK metal to/from NZ and Australia, Singapore, Bangkok and London. Ends 25 June 2018.
surfergold likes this.
Old Jun 24, 18, 4:18 am
Original Poster

I have lived in Australia and am crazy about the place for flying especially so for now Qantas fits my FF plan just.
if I thought of trying another FF airline plan to change too what would be a good one presumably in One World ?
I rate a good spread of code shares as well as partners airlines. Love a good airline lounge with a great view of the metal and a runway view is heaven and flying comfortably is ecstasy getting a great view of Australia has it in buckets.
As I live in the U.K. BA I guess is good but I rarely fly with them so other airlines seem to have more appeal to me.
I am new to flyertalk and am sure this FF subject has been well covered but it is on a constant change.
Old Jun 25, 18, 1:36 am
1FQ

Programs: QFF Plat 1
Its usually February every year and an extra 50% SQ comes up in September a fair bit or around that time.

The February each year one is usually sent out to my friends who are not QFF and they get it on face book and a few other sites. I guess try to encourage new flyers or simply book up seats to keep the company flying in the right direction
surfergold likes this.
Old Jun 26, 18, 3:34 pm
Original Poster

Thanks 1FQ that's very interesting and understand it can't be taken as for sure but has wetted my appetite.
Way of thinking now is a Status maintain in my next membership year unless I win the pools then what the hell.
Also I guess it could be possible 300 SC,s then doubled being what I need pretty easy on J doing a QS walk about. I notched up 240 SC,s last time easily on an unforgettable trip
Old Jun 27, 18, 5:10 am

Programs: QF Gold, VA Plat, IHG Plat Amb, LCAH Gold, Hilton Diamond
Originally Posted by 1FQ View Post
Its usually February every year and an extra 50% SQ comes up in September a fair bit or around that time.
It was in February this year. In 2016 it was April/May and 2017 it was in early March. So, it varies.