Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Qantas | Frequent Flyer
Reload this Page >

Booking AA marketed BA flights as a QF Plat for SCs

Old Jun 27, 2018, 8:56 pm
Original Poster

Howdy, have what will hopefully be an easy one for the experts here.

The AA website is pricing a very nice mixed cabin multi citiy fare for thanksgiving with Business (I) on the outgoing and Premium Economy (P) on the return. All flights are AA coded but fly on BA metal. Have not been able to get the BA website to replicate sadly, so might just book it there.

Been a while since I booked like this so wanted to double check, will this be any issues? Should earn at the normal AA marketed rate? any gotchas? my OWE (QF Plat) status should recognized without issue?

Thanks in advance!!!
Old Jun 27, 2018, 10:54 pm
Original Member

Location: Portland OR Double Emerald (QF and AA), DL PM/MM, Starwood Plat
No problem, you will earn points and status based on the AA rates; note that P counts as Flexible Economy (must be W to earn as Premium Economy), however I does earn as business. That happens to be the same as QFF earn on BA for those fare codes, fwiw, so the only difference is AA status mileage earned. Just save your BPs as high chance of automatic crediting will go awry in the BA system and you'll have to request QFF credit later.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.