Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Qantas | Frequent Flyer
Reload this Page >

WP Lounge guest access - “same day”??

WP Lounge guest access - “same day”??

Reply

Old Jun 14, 18, 5:27 am
  #1  
Original Poster
 
Join Date: Oct 2016
Programs: QFF WP
Posts: 60
WP Lounge guest access - “same day”??


From QF WP “Tier benefits”

Guest access
  • When travelling on a flight with a Qantas (QF) or oneworld flight number on your ticket Qantas International Lounge access is also provided to one guest and up to two children (aged 4-17 years)35 who are travelling with you either on the same flight or on a flight that day operated by a oneworld airline with that airline's flight number on their ticket .

My question is, at SIN QF lounge, if I am trying to guest my friend who is flying AY shortly before midnight and I am flying CX shortly after midnight, are they going to cynically deny that because we are flying on “different days”?

And separate issue, if I arrive before him, what do I do? Let them know in advance or just meet him at the front when he arrives?
grinna is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old Jun 14, 18, 9:09 am
  #2  
Original Poster
 
Join Date: Oct 2016
Programs: QFF WP
Posts: 60
Can answer my own questions now!

1. Wasn’t an issue.

2. Did both, just had to be at the front to sign in guest when he arrived
serfty likes this.
grinna is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old Jun 14, 18, 6:43 pm
  #3  
sxc
Moderator, Cathay Pacific
Accor Contributor Badge
 
Join Date: Dec 2004
Programs: CX MPC Silver, BAEC Gold (OWE), Hyatt
Posts: 9,425
I think your bigger issue is that CX departs from a different terminal than the QF lounge.
sxc is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old Jun 17, 18, 3:31 pm
  #4  
FlyerTalk Evangelist
 
Join Date: Mar 2001
Location: SDF
Programs: former Olympic Airways Gold (yeah - still proud of that!)
Posts: 13,203
Originally Posted by grinna View Post

My question is, at SIN QF lounge, if I am trying to guest my friend who is flying AY shortly before midnight and I am flying CX shortly after midnight, are they going to cynically deny that because we are flying on “different days”?



Sorry - coming to this a bit late as you have already reported back. For future reference, 'same day' means same 'airline day' which is at least until 2am-3am (not midnight). This covers, for example, someone turning up at 10pm for a flight at 0100 the next morning, they of course have lounge access and doen't have to wait until midnight before they can get in.
LHR/MEL/Europe FF is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old Jun 17, 18, 6:28 pm
  #5  
sxc
Moderator, Cathay Pacific
Accor Contributor Badge
 
Join Date: Dec 2004
Programs: CX MPC Silver, BAEC Gold (OWE), Hyatt
Posts: 9,425
Originally Posted by grinna View Post
Can answer my own questions now!

1. Wasn’t an issue.

2. Did both, just had to be at the front to sign in guest when he arrived
How did you find the T1 to T4 experience? No problems entering T1 with a T4 boarding pass?
sxc is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old Aug 14, 18, 2:22 am
  #6  
Original Poster
 
Join Date: Oct 2016
Programs: QFF WP
Posts: 60
No problems, good to know - thanks!
grinna is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old Aug 14, 18, 2:23 am
  #7  
Original Poster
 
Join Date: Oct 2016
Programs: QFF WP
Posts: 60
Originally Posted by sxc View Post

How did you find the T1 to T4 experience? No problems entering T1 with a T4 boarding pass?
Well......haha.

(have posted this elsewhere):


To summarise:

- Had Electronic BP for CX flight (T4)
- tried to enter through immigration at T2
- Was told they couldn't scan electronic BP so go to T1
- Was told at T1 that I couldn't access because terminals were not connected (though they essentially are by airside bus between T2 and T4)
- Went back to T4 and went through immigration
- Got bus back to T2, no issues, just had to explain what I was doing and got a sticker (and had plenty of time so they weren't worried I'd miss flight)
- later got bus back to T4

Kind of ridiculous to be told you can't possible go into this area (T1/2/3), and then later to be walking through that very same area!
grinna is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old Aug 14, 18, 3:40 pm
  #8  
FlyerTalk Evangelist
 
Join Date: Nov 2004
Location: Melbourne
Programs: ►QFWP/LTG►VA WP►HyattGlobalist►HiltonGold
Posts: 21,072
Originally Posted by LHR/MEL/Europe FF View Post
... For future reference, 'same day' means same 'airline day' which is at least until 2am-3am (not midnight). This covers, for example, someone turning up at 10pm for a flight at 0100 the next morning, they of course have lounge access and doen't have to wait until midnight before they can get in.[/LEFT]
To make this clear, by oneworld lounge access rules, this can be for departures of up until 6am the next morning. (i.e. "Same Day" or 6am).
serfty is offline  
Reply With Quote

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are Off


Thread Tools
Search this Thread