FlyerTalk Forums

FlyerTalk Forums (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/index.php)
-   Qantas | Frequent Flyer (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/qantas-frequent-flyer-498/)
-   -   WP Lounge guest access - “same day”?? (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/qantas-frequent-flyer/1914283-wp-lounge-guest-access-same-day.html)

grinna Jun 14, 2018 5:27 am

WP Lounge guest access - “same day”??

From QF WP “Tier benefits”

Guest access
  • When travelling on a flight with a Qantas (QF) or oneworld flight number on your ticket Qantas International Lounge access is also provided to one guest and up to two children (aged 4-17 years)35 who are travelling with you either on the same flight or on a flight that day operated by a oneworld airline with that airline's flight number on their ticket .

My question is, at SIN QF lounge, if I am trying to guest my friend who is flying AY shortly before midnight and I am flying CX shortly after midnight, are they going to cynically deny that because we are flying on “different days”?

And separate issue, if I arrive before him, what do I do? Let them know in advance or just meet him at the front when he arrives?

grinna Jun 14, 2018 9:09 am

Can answer my own questions now!

1. Wasn’t an issue.

2. Did both, just had to be at the front to sign in guest when he arrived

sxc Jun 14, 2018 6:43 pm

I think your bigger issue is that CX departs from a different terminal than the QF lounge.

LHR/MEL/Europe FF Jun 17, 2018 3:31 pm

Originally Posted by grinna (Post 29865478)

My question is, at SIN QF lounge, if I am trying to guest my friend who is flying AY shortly before midnight and I am flying CX shortly after midnight, are they going to cynically deny that because we are flying on “different days”?

Sorry - coming to this a bit late as you have already reported back. For future reference, 'same day' means same 'airline day' which is at least until 2am-3am (not midnight). This covers, for example, someone turning up at 10pm for a flight at 0100 the next morning, they of course have lounge access and doen't have to wait until midnight before they can get in.

sxc Jun 17, 2018 6:28 pm

Originally Posted by grinna (Post 29866299)
Can answer my own questions now!

1. Wasn’t an issue.

2. Did both, just had to be at the front to sign in guest when he arrived

How did you find the T1 to T4 experience? No problems entering T1 with a T4 boarding pass?

grinna Aug 14, 2018 2:22 am

No problems, good to know - thanks!

grinna Aug 14, 2018 2:23 am

Originally Posted by sxc (Post 29876860)

How did you find the T1 to T4 experience? No problems entering T1 with a T4 boarding pass?

Well......haha.

(have posted this elsewhere):

To summarise:

- Had Electronic BP for CX flight (T4)
- tried to enter through immigration at T2
- Was told they couldn't scan electronic BP so go to T1
- Was told at T1 that I couldn't access because terminals were not connected (though they essentially are by airside bus between T2 and T4)
- Went back to T4 and went through immigration
- Got bus back to T2, no issues, just had to explain what I was doing and got a sticker (and had plenty of time so they weren't worried I'd miss flight)
- later got bus back to T4

Kind of ridiculous to be told you can't possible go into this area (T1/2/3), and then later to be walking through that very same area!

serfty Aug 14, 2018 3:40 pm

Originally Posted by LHR/MEL/Europe FF (Post 29876501)
... For future reference, 'same day' means same 'airline day' which is at least until 2am-3am (not midnight). This covers, for example, someone turning up at 10pm for a flight at 0100 the next morning, they of course have lounge access and doen't have to wait until midnight before they can get in.[/LEFT]

To make this clear, by oneworld lounge access rules, this can be for departures of up until 6am the next morning. (i.e. "Same Day" or 6am).