Search

QF9 survey (farcical?)

Search this Thread

Old Jun 4, 2018, 5:21 am
Original Poster

QF9 survey (farcical?)

https://www.news.com.au/travel/trave...1e51dded8a32b8

Oh dear - what a farce...

...one pax supposedly never left their seat...( took off their stupid bracelet more like or deceased or pee'ed in their seat)

...whopping sample size of n=20 (i.e. no statistical models derivable)

...yet...the muppets at QF HQ can claim that pax are claiming real benefits (against what baseline prey at n=20?!)

..let alone the contradiction of one claim that those who "fought against jet lag" were likely to feel worse" juxtaposed against the catering claim "meals spend out keep pax awake and help adapt to tome zone of destination"

...is Grant Bradley of news corp incapable of any analytical and rational analysis of the absolute pap disgorged by the QF PR machine ?! Quotes a "rating score" of 2.2 without any reference to the scoring system. ...!?

(and does the sub editor have any clue - putting a QF first class PR clip against a reporter on a fight which lacks first class)

idiots abound in both the airline and the media

quite amazed that an academic at Syd Uni with professorial status would put their name to such stupidity
Old Jun 4, 2018, 7:21 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

I think that you are confusing research with an advertisement for Qantas
Old Jun 4, 2018, 3:53 pm
og
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: QF WP/LTG | UA P
Its strange that it first appeared in a NZ publication. Would have thought that QF media would have aimed it at the UK and Oz press (or weren’t they interested).
Old Jun 4, 2018, 5:06 pm

Programs: QF LTG, VASG, NZ*S, OZD, IHG SpireAMB, HHD
Grant Bradley has for years been the most moronic travel reporter of any publication anywhere.
Old Jun 4, 2018, 5:39 pm
Original Poster

Smile

Originally Posted by Dave Noble
I think that you are confusing research with an advertisement for Qantas
Not me....the journo perhaps....!
Old Jun 5, 2018, 4:09 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: former Olympic Airways Gold (yeah - still proud of that!)
Originally Posted by og
Its strange that it first appeared in a NZ publication. Would have thought that QF media would have aimed it at the UK and Oz press (or weren’t they interested).
Maybe this was a deliberate move to make the piece look less like an advertisement? (Ie publish it in a paper that isn't in the target market, then have it 'picked up' by those that are.)
Old Jun 5, 2018, 4:33 pm
og
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by LHR/MEL/Europe FF
Maybe this was a deliberate move to make the piece look less like an advertisement? (Ie publish it in a paper that isn't in the target market, then have it 'picked up' by those that are.)
Yes indeed - and use it to promote the QF option to LHR rather than the NZ option via LAX. Nevertheless, its also amazing that QF publicises someone who does not move for the whole flight when this may be contrary to DVT management.
Old Jun 12, 2018, 8:36 pm
og
FlyerTalk Evangelist

It took over a week for this story to get into the SMH - but sourced from London.
London to Perth non-stop flights: Scientists baffled by passenger who didn't get up for 17 hours
Old Jun 12, 2018, 8:51 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: former Olympic Airways Gold (yeah - still proud of that!)
‘Sounds like a marketing ploy but we’re assured it isn’t’. LOL. Walks like a duck, sounds like a duck...
Old Jun 12, 2018, 8:54 pm
og
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by LHR/MEL/Europe FF
‘Sounds like a marketing ploy but we’re assured it isn’t’. LOL. Walks like a duck, sounds like a duck...
At least the SMH suspects it’s a marketing hoax. I assume no freebie flight for that journo.
Old Jun 12, 2018, 9:48 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Originally Posted by og

At least the SMH suspects it’s a marketing hoax. I assume no freebie flight for that journo.
But not enough suspicion to actually not publish the whole advert

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.